The LSU FIRST Robotics Scholarship is a $1,000/year scholarship awarded to one outstanding FIRST alumnus/alumnae entering the LSU College of Engineering each fall. Recipients can receive the award for up to four years if they remain in good academic (2.5 GPA) and disciplinary standing and demonstrate progress towards a degree from the LSU College of Engineering each semester. The award will be disbursed in $500 installments each semester for up to eight semesters (for a total of up to $4,000).
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an entering first-year student at LSU pursuing an undergraduate degree in the College of Engineering.
- Have completed your application for admission to LSU and/or be admitted to LSU by February 1, 2021.
- Have a 3.0 high school GPA (as recalculated by the LSU Admissions Office)
- Have been involved in FIRST Robotics for at least one year during high school.
- Have participated in a FIRST local, regional, state, and/or national competition on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge Team (FTC)
To apply for the FIRST scholarship, you must:
- Complete the LSU College of Engineering FIRST® Scholarship Application
- Include/upload a 500-word essay on your interest and involvement in FIRST, how it has impacted you, and how you think it will impact you as your pursue your engineering degree(s) at LSU
- Have an adult mentor/coach involved with your FIRST team email a letter of recommendation directly to Andy Osborn at email@example.com.
Applications must be received by February 1, 2021.
Please complete the following online form and upload the required documents before submitting your application. Please have all required materials ready to submit before you begin the application – incomplete applications cannot be saved and continued at a later date.
Questions? Email Andy Osborn at firstname.lastname@example.org.