VNA seeks participation in its events by individuals with varied and diverse backgrounds, and is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all event participants. This Code of Conduct (“Code”) outlines VNA’s expectations of its event participants, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
- Exercise consideration and respect in speech and actions
- Attempt collaboration before conflict
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech
- Be respectful to all patrons
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language, as well as behavior which is perceived as threatening or creating an unsafe environment
- Disruptive, intrusive, insulting, antagonistic, or any other malicious conduct
- Sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, or other discriminatory conduct
- Inappropriate physical contact, including unwelcomed sexual attention and/or advances
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person)
- Sustained disruption during events, including talks and presentations
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- Any other conduct deemed inappropriate and/or that may jeopardize the success of an event, VNA’s/VNF’s reputation, or the positive experience of any other event participant
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior by event participants will not be tolerated. The determination of whether conduct constitutes unacceptable behavior, and the consequences imposed by VNA/VNF for the same, rest solely within VNA’s/VNF’s discretion, and said determinations are final and not subject to appeal. If an event participant engages in unacceptable behavior and/or does not comply with this Code, VNA may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including permanent expulsion from the event without warning (and without refund, in the case of a paid event). Individuals whose behavior has been deemed unacceptable may also be banned from future VNA/VNF events.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately notify a VNA/VNF staff member.
Anyone experiencing or witnessing behavior that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to public safety at the meeting venue is advised to tell uniformed event security.