CCD Counseling, PA
Online Therapy Guidelines
It is important to maintain a setting that is as similar to being in an office together as possible. Maintaining the structure of the setting is critical. Sessions will continue to be 50 minutes in length. In order to have effective online, telephone, and/or video counseling sessions, the following guidelines must be followed.
1. Your device must be placed on a steady surface throughout the session, and not held in your hand if it can be avoided. If it must be in your hand, please hold it as steady as possible. You should also be in a set location and not moving about.
2. Make sure that you are in a private location where your session cannot be overheard by others. Make sure to adjust the volume on your device to ensure your privacy. You are required to inform me if there is anyone in the room with you, or who you believe may overhear the session.
3. Try to have proper lighting so that I can best communicate with you, if using video counseling.
4. You must be decently attired each session. No underclothes will be permitted.
5. No provocative postures or gestures will be tolerated.
6. Minimize background noise. Turn off TVs, music, or other sounds. Close your door, if possible.
7. Minimize distractions. You should not be playing games on a device, be on social media, or working on other things while in therapy. Make sure that pets, children, household members and roommates will not be distractions from treatment.
8. You may not invite others into our session time without discussing this with me first.
9. If the connection is broken for any reason, I will call you to try to remedy the situation.
10. Screenshots, photos and recordings are strictly prohibited and will result in immediate termination of session, online services and may result in discharge.