OLYMPIA FENCING CENTER CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to ensure a safe and sportsmanlike atmosphere for all our members, everyone that uses our facility must adhere to our code of conduct. By using our facilities, you agree to abide by this code and be subject to its disciplinary provisions. We expect show of respect for our fencers, coaches, visitors, staff, volunteers, the facility, and the rules of the game.
1. OFC members will abide by the club’s dress code: men will wear knee-length shorts, and cover their upper body at all times; women must wear proper length shorts, T-shirts/tanks, and padded sports bras underneath.
2. Fencers must behave in a sportsmanlike manner, at all times. Behavior that would get you a warning or yellow card at a competition, will get you a warning or yellow card at the club. This includes but is not limited to the following prohibitions:
• Swearing • Name-calling or negative talk • Throwing equipment • Hitting or kicking the floor or walls • Yelling • Misuse of equipment
3. If your behavior would get you a black card at a competition, it will get you a black card at the club. Such behavior will result in your being required to
leave the facility immediately and includes, but is not limited, to the following prohibitions:
• Dangerously throwing equipment • Willful damage to club property • Dangerous or vindictive fencing • Shouting matches, Fighting or Threats • Extreme unsportsmanlike conduct • Failure to follow the directives of the manager, coach, or board member on duty
4. Fencers who are black carded more than once or whose behavior is particularly egregious are subject to suspension from the club and will be prohibited from using the facilities.
By signing below, I agree to abide by the Olympia Fencing Center’s Code of Conduct and be subject to the Code's disciplinary provisions.