Project ASPIREE is a program that is funded by the U.S. Department of Education serving eligible young people in grades six through twelve. Project ASPIREE identifies students who demonstrate an interest or desire to attend college and provides them with the motivation and support to enroll in a program of postsecondary education (college, university, technical or vocational school) after high school graduation.
In order to be eligible for selection as a Project ASPIREE participant, students must meet the following criteria:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien;
· Be at least 11 years of age and in grades 6-12;
· Commit to remain in the Project ASPIREE Program until high school graduation;
· Demonstrate an interest or desire to attend college.
Project ASPIREE encourages and prepares students for postsecondary enrollment by providing the following services and activities through group workshops and individual sessions held at your school. An Outreach Advisor from the Project ASPIREE program is assigned to your school to serve students in the following areas at no cost to you:
· Academic advisement;
· College awareness activities;
· Career exploration activities;
· Assistance in selecting an appropriate university, college, or vocational training, and applying for admission;
· College campus visits & cultural enrichment activities;
· Assistance in applying for financial aid, grants and scholarships;
· ACT/SAT preparation and registration;
· Connections to tutoring services.
In order for your son or daughter to participate in this program, parents/guardians must complete the enclosed Transcript Release form and return it in the self-addressed, stamped envelope. By signing this form, you will be giving Project ASPIREE permission to communicate with you and your child via U.S. Mail, telephone, computer generated correspondence, or written correspondence in regards to Project ASPIREE activities and services.
If you have any questions, you may contact us at 812-888-5063 or email@example.com.
*** Be sure to complete the Project ASPIREE Participation Application/Transcript/Financial Release document to complete the registration process.
Project ASPIREE Staff
2020-21 grant year
Project ASPIREE is 100% federal TRIO grant funded at $328,413.00 annually