EVENTS IN PUBLIC PARKS OF CHAGRIN FALLS
1. A group planning a public event may make application to hold it in a Village Park. The event must be approved by the Parks Commission and Village Council at a public meeting, such approval being contingent upon the following requirements being met. (See separate guidelines for weddings and wedding pictures.) Deadline for application is by noon on the Monday before a regularly scheduled Parks Commission meeting which falls on the 1st Wednesday monthly.
2. The sponsoring group will be required to provide a certificate of insurance showing general liability coverage of $1,000,000 during the event and naming the Village of Chagrin Falls as additionally insured.
3. The application shall include all needed information and the Council, Police Chief, Fire Marshal or the Administrator may set terms and conditions regarding these subjects:
- type and name of event and proposed activity - proposed advertising and directional signage
- estimate of attendance - plans for waste collection and cleanup
- day(s) and times of event - noise to be generated, including music
- map showing set up of event - fire prevention, emergency calling and access
- electrical requirements and plans - rest room facilities
- plans for parking and traffic control
4. A minimum deposit of $500.00 must be submitted before the event to cover the cost of any possible damage to the Park resulting from the event, this amount to be returned to sponsoring organization once it has been established that no damage has occurred. Should the cost of any damage repair exceed the minimum deposit, the sponsoring organization will be held responsible for the additional required expense. A flat fee of $20 will be deducted from the deposit to cover any electrical use and $20 for excessive trash pickup or bags; this will be event dependent. There may be an additional charge for water if applicable.
5. Vehicles are prohibited from driving on the grass in all Village parks at all times without the consent of the Village Administration. Damage to the parks, including tire ruts, will be charged at cost to the event organizers. No event activity should attach to, lean against or cause damage to any Village trees. The Village Shade Tree Commission will have authority in permitting activities near trees.
6. Applicant will use electrical connections as prescribed by the Chagrin Falls Service Department and water connections as prescribed by the Chagrin Falls Water Department