This is to advise you of your legal rights to privacy and confidentiality while you are seeking services at Abounding Prosperity, Inc.
Federal and state laws require that any information about your intake, application, referrals, and linkages, while you are a client at Abounding Prosperity, Inc. and after you have terminated your relationship with Abounding Prosperity, Inc., may not be released without your specific written consent.
However, in the following circumstances, information can and will be released to the appropriate authorities without your consent:
1. if you are a danger to yourself (suicidal or so violent that you may hurt yourself);
2. if you are a danger to others (violent or threatening behavior directed towards others or their property);
3. if you are gravely emotionally disabled (so seriously unable to take care of yourself that your life or health is endangered);
4. if we suspect that there has been any physical abuse, sexual abuse, or psychological abuse or neglect of a person under 18 years old;
5. if we receive a subpoena accompanied by a court order
a) to release information from your treatment records
b) regarding your arrest
c) requiring testimony in court;
6. if we observe or hear of any person 65 years or older, or any disabled adult, who may have been abused physically, neglected or exploited.
In the above situations, we are mandated by law to release information to the proper authorities or persons. If a client is a danger to themselves, we are allowed by law, for reasons of health and safety, to notify the proper authorities or persons. In every instance, we will attempt to work with you to receive your informed consent in the matter.
IT IS THE POLICY OF ABOUNDING PROSPERITY, INC. TO TAKE SERIOUSLY ANY INDICATION OF A PLAN TO HARM YOURSELF OR OTHERS. CALLS TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WILL BE MADE WHEN WE RECEIVE THREATS OF SUICIDE OR VIOLENCE.