1. Conditions of the Agreement:
a. The apprenticeship is related to an educational purpose and there is no guarantee or expectation that the activity will result in employment with the Company.
b. The education received by the Apprentice from the apprenticeship is for the express benefit of the Apprentice.
c. The Apprentice does not replace or displace any employee of the Company.
d. The Apprentice will receive direct and close supervision by an appropriate supervisor.
e. The Company does not derive an immediate advantage from the activities performed by the Apprentice.
f. Apprentice is not entitled to wages or any compensation or benefits for the time spent in the apprenticeship.
g. Company is not liable for injury sustained or health conditions that may arise for the unpaid apprentice during the course of the apprenticeship.
2. The Apprentice specifically agrees to and acknowledges the following:
a. This apprenticeship is educational in nature and there is no guarantee or expectation that the apprenticeship will result in employment.
b. Company may at any time in its sole discretion, terminate the apprenticeship without notice or cause.
c. Apprentice will maintain a regular apprenticeship schedule determined by the Apprentice and their supervisor.
d. Apprentice will demonstrate honesty, punctuality, courtesy, cooperative attitude, proper health and grooming habits, appropriate dress, and a willingness to learn.
e. Apprentice will obey the policies, rules, and regulations of the Company and comply with the Company’s business practices and procedures.
f. Apprentice will furnish his/her supervisor with all necessary information pertaining to my unpaid apprenticeship, including related assignments and reports.
g. Under no circumstances will the Apprentice leave the apprenticeship without first conferring with the Apprentice’s supervisor.
h. Apprentice assumes all of the risks of participating in the apprenticeship program.
i. In consideration of the opportunity afforded to the Apprentice to participate in the apprenticeship program, Apprentice hereby agrees that he/she, his/her assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against the Company or any of its affiliated organizations, or either of their officers or directors collectively or individually, or any of its employees, for the injury or death to Apprentice or damage to his/her property, however, caused, arising from his/her participation in the apprenticeship program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing. Apprentice hereby waives and releases any rights, actions, or causes of actions resulting from personal injury or death to him/her, or damage to his/her property, sustained in connection with his/her participation in the apprenticeship program.
3. Confidentiality Definition. Each party may be given access to the other party’s confidential and proprietary information. “Confidential Information” shall mean material or information proprietary to either party or designated as Confidential Information by such party and not generally known by third parties. Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information and other information of a similar nature (whether or not reduced to writing): the existence and terms of this Agreement; client and customer records, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, and other information related to clients and customers; marketing techniques and materials; marketing and development plans and procedures; and financial information, all of which it considers trade secret.
4. Duty to Protect. Each party will protect the other party’s Confidential Information and will only disclose Confidential Information to persons who have a “need to know” the Confidential Information to provide services under this Agreement.
5. Publicity. Neither party will use the name(s), trademark(s), or trade name(s), whether registered or not, of the other party in publicity or press releases or advertising or any manner, including customer lists, without that party’s prior written consent.
6. Choice of Law: You hereby agree that this Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kentucky.
7. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and any prior understanding regarding the same subject matter will not be binding except to the extent incorporated in this Agreement.