1. Conditions of the Agreement:
a. The internship is related to an educational purpose and there is no guarantee or expectation that the activity will result in employment with the Company.
b. The education received by the Intern from the internship is for the express benefit of the Intern.
c. The Intern does not replace or displace any employee of the Company.
d. The Intern will receive direct and close supervision by an appropriate supervisor.
e. The Company does not derive an immediate advantage from the activities performed by the Intern.
f. Intern is not entitled to wages or any compensation or benefits for the time spent in the internship.
g. Company is not liable for injury sustained or health conditions that may arise for the unpaid intern during the course of the internship.
2. The Intern specifically agrees to and acknowledges the following:
a. This internship is educational in nature and there is no guarantee or expectation that the internship will result in employment.
b. Company may at any time in its sole discretion, terminate the internship without notice or cause.
c. Intern will maintain a regular internship schedule determined by the Intern and their supervisor.
d. Intern will demonstrate honesty, punctuality, courtesy, cooperative attitude, proper health and grooming habits, appropriate dress, and a willingness to learn.
e. Intern will obey the policies, rules, and regulations of the Company and comply with the Company’s business practices and procedures.
f.Intern will furnish his/her supervisor with all necessary information pertaining to my unpaid internship, including related assignments and reports.
g. Under no circumstances will the Intern leave the internship without first conferring with the Intern’s supervisor.
h. Intern assumes all of the risks of participating in the internship program.
i. In consideration of the opportunity afforded to the Intern to participate in the internship program, Intern hereby agrees that he/she, his/her assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against the Company or any of its affiliated organizations, or either of their officers or directors collectively or individually, or any of its employees, for the injury or death to Intern or damage to his/her property, however, caused, arising from his/her participation in the internship program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing. Intern hereby waives and releases any rights, actions, or causes of actions resulting from personal injury or death to him/her, or damage to his/her property, sustained in connection with his/her participation in the internship program.
3. Confidentiality Definition. Each party may be given access to the other party’s confidential and proprietary information. “Confidential Information” shall mean material or information proprietary to either party or designated as Confidential Information by such party and not generally known by third parties. Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information and other information of a similar nature (whether or not reduced to writing): the existence and terms of this Agreement; client and customer records, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, and other information related to clients and customers; marketing techniques and materials; marketing and development plans and procedures; and financial information, all of which it considers trade secret.
4. Duty to Protect. Each party will protect the other party’s Confidential Information and will only disclose Confidential Information to persons who have a “need to know” the Confidential Information to provide services under this Agreement.
5. Publicity. Neither party will use the name(s), trademark(s) or trade name(s), whether registered or not, of the other party in publicity or press releases or advertising or any manner, including customer lists, without that party’s prior written consent.
6. Choice of Law: You hereby agree that this Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kentucky.
7. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and any prior understanding regarding the same subject matter will not be binding except to the extent incorporated in this Agreement.
8. Compensation. A salary of $6500 for 3 months of internship that is equivalent to roughly $14/hours will be paid to Louisville Institute of Technology LLC (LIT) on behalf of the company intern for the development, coaching, and mentoring of hands-on real-life IT engineering and development; instead of payment to the intern for his/her work. This onsite and often 1x1 learning experience with the highly experienced engineer/instructor from LIT is valued at $2,500/month and $7,500 for three months' experience. LIT is providing its own scholarship of $1,000/per intern which ends December 31, 2020, for this long-term partnership with the New American Business Association to buffer the difference in price and equalize the payment to $7,500 value.
9. Cost: in continuation to items(8), $1000 is the leftover cost for this three months boot camp. LIT will wave $700 off the $1000, for those who can be committed to finishing the programming assignment in 2.5 months instead of three months. That would leave only $300 as your cost for this three months program - this equivalent to $100/month for three months.
10. Those who can complete entire program in 2 months will receive $100 back refund of the $300 paid