RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. ALL entries must have lights on them.
2. Entries will be evaluated for acceptance based on theme use, entertainment value and use of lights (clear and colored).
3. No unit will be admitted into the park that has not been pre-approved. Entries will NOT be accepted or considered after November 2.
4. The Fantasy of Lights committee reserves the right to reject any entry that is not in good taste, inappropriate, or not in the best interest of the event.
5. Entries depicting a political organization, candidate or controversial issue will not be considered.
6. All units are required to maintain be on display for through December 25th.
7. All entries should be properly identified with signs or banners with the organization's name so the spectators know who you are ––please no sales messages – a holiday message is suggested.
8. Participants are required to have auto and general liability insurance covering bodily injury and property damage.
9. Siren and Horns - Please refrain from using them.
10. A maximum of 5 people are permitted with your entry.
11. All participants are required to conduct themselves in such a manner as not to infringe on the rights of those people living in and along the staging areas and route. NO solicitation is allowed during event.
12. No Santa’s - we have invited the "real" Santa!
1. No objects including candy, flyers, or favors, may be THROWN or DISTRIBUTED out during the event or in the staging area. Michigan State Law prohibits throwing of items.
2. There will be no generators allowed during the event. Power will be available on site.
3. There will be NO live fires or open flames on any display.
4. Electrical problems are a concern. Safety inspectors will look for common hazards such as exceeding the number of light strands per manufacturer’s specifications, faulty extension cords, staples in wiring, etc.
5. Event entry participants are welcome to be at the event during opening night only. They are to be in place at 6:45 pm and will need to remain until the conclusion of the event.
6. Alcohol beverages are not allowed in the staging area, during the event or dispersement.
7. No smoking near or during the event.
8. Any violation of the rules or safety requirements could result in your not being able to participate in the event.