JOIN US AS A SUBMITTING ARTIST FOR OUR JURIED ART EXHIBIT & AUCTION ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25th, 2020 from 2pm - 5pm at Columbus Club Hall!
OUR THEME, Lemonade: When Life Gives You Lemons, gives us the chance to celebrate silver-linings and positives that have occurred this year, despite drastic changes to the world as we know it. What new things did you learn during quarantine? What are some positives that have come from staying home? This is your chance to show it!
*Did you learn to bake bread? Share an artistic photograph or painting of your bread-making-journey.
*Did you have more time time to read? Share an embroidery of your favorite part of a new book you read.
*Did you journal? Make a collage of your journaling experience!
LEMONADE: When Life Gives You Lemons is an ART AUCTION AND IS A JURIED ART SHOW. CURATORS WITH PROFESSIONAL ARTISTIC BACKGROUNDS ALONG WITH RCA STAFF WILL BE SELECTING THE ARTWORK THAT WILL BE AUCTIONED AND EXHIBITED.
• River City Advocacy will retain 100% of all sales.
• 2D and 3D artwork will be accepted! Artwork should be ready to display upon purchase.
• Acknowledgements for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be given, as well as other recognition.
• Artists are encouraged to promote their websites and work! Bring business cards!
• All juried works will be included in online publicity and advertising for the show.
"LEMONADE" ART AUCTION AND EXHIBITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Submission Form - Email submission is preferred, but delivery to RCA is also accepted. There is no fee to participate. Submissions must include an “about the artist” statement, and a short paragraph explaining how “Lemonade” is represented in each work.
• Donations - RCA will retain 100% of all sales, which will benefit our counseling center.
Certificates for acknowledgements will be mailed within 60 days of show.
• Eligibility and Judging - The auction is open to all original media (2D & 3D). No reproductions please. Works will be juried based on submitted photographs. Artists agree that all accepted work will be for sale the day of the auction, October 25, 2020.
• Images - Please submit 2 images for each artwork entry.The quality of your artwork image affects jurying. Submit high-quality images of the artwork only. Your phone and good lighting make a world of difference!
• Delivery of selected works - All works must be appropriately framed or in a cellophane bag for protection. Canvases must have borders/edges painted.
*RCA is not responsible for works framed/mounted in an unstable manner. Only selected work will be included in the show, no
substitutions. All jury selected art for "Lemonade" should be delivered to River City Advocacy (145 Landa St, NBTX) by October 19, 2020. Please attach a business card size identification label on the back of each entry including the following information:
Artist name, phone # and email address, name of art work, and medium.
*Cooridate with Tiffany, Tiffany.RCA@gmail.com for art drop off if RCA office hours do not work for you.
• Liability - Although care will be taken to protect all art work, RCA cannot be responsible for damage or loss.