Terms & Conditions
1. I agree to abide by the rules, regulations and policies of Swimming Northern Territory Inc. (SNTI), Swimming Australia (SAL)
2. I authorise SNTI to use and disclose to related and relevant bodies any of my personal
information that may be necessary to implement the rules, regulations and policies as outlined above.
3. I agree to have my name, photograph and results published in official programs, newsletters, websites or any
other SNTI or club produced documents.
4. I agree to abide by the Swimming Australia Behavioural Guidelines, which state:
Play by the rules.
1. Never argue with an official. Always use the appropriate rules and guidelines to resolve a dispute. Control your temper.
Verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or
permitted behaviours in any sport.
2. Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team.
3. Be a good sport. Applaud all good performances whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
4. Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
5. Cooperate with your coach, team mates, opponents, SNTI staff and volunteers.
6. Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
7. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Parent / Guardian Code of Behaviour
1. Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
2. Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
3. Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
4. Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or
5. Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
6. Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performances and skilful plays by all participants.
7. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
8. Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
9. Show appreciation for coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
10. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or
Parent / Guardian Consent (In respect to an applicant under the age of 18 years of age)
1. I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the declarations above and the details provided.
2. I as the parent or guardian of the participant expressly agree to be responsible for the applicant’s behaviour.
3. I as the parent or guardian are confident that the participant is able to swim 25m unassisted
4. I warrant that all information provided is true and correct.