NOTE: No overall winner will be determined in this year's contest. The News Reporter reserves the right to not count any game on that week's contest that is rescheduled or forfeited. The contest is scheduled to run 10 weeks, but may be shortened at the discretion of The News Reporter.
Pigskin Picks Contest Rules:
1) Click on the bubble in front of the team you predict will win each game listed.
2) Predict the highest number of COMBINED points to be scored in any of the current week’s contest games and place the number in the appropriate box. This will be used as a tiebreaker. The contestant predicting *closest to the correct highest combined points scored in a contest game that week will be declared the winner. *UNDER beats OVER. For example, if the highest combined point total is 90, a prediction of 88 beats a prediction of 92. Half point predictions (example: 75.5) are acceptable. If a tie still exists, the $50 weekly prize money will be split evenly between those contestants.
3) Contest entries are due in to The News Reporter office by Noon on Friday if from the print edition and by 5 pm Friday if submitted online.
4) Contest participants are limited to ONE entry per individual. Any duplication of a name on a form (print or online) will disqualify all of that person’s entries for that week.
5) ONLY OFFICIAL CONTEST FORMS ARE ALLOWED! NO REPRODUCTIONS from the print edition will be scored.
6) Winners will be announced in the Tuesday edition of The News Reporter the week following the contest.
7) Employees of The News Reporter and their immediate families are not eligible to win prizes.