General Overview About This Form:
This is a web-based application form with required fields (indicated by *). You will be required to upload supporting documents in PDF format. You will need to provide the following:
1. Basic student and project information
2. Project proposal typed, double spaced, no more than 5 pages in length. All research and
creative work, and some experiential projects, require in-text citations and a reference
(bibliography) page relevant to your field of study. Note: Honors project applicants may
upload their Honors proposal.
Please use headings (below) and respond to the following:
(250 words or less) should summarize the main goals of your project and funding use.
and significance of the project.
methods or strategies
you will use to conduct your project.
of conducting the project.
explanation of the relationship
of the project to your academic and career goals.
3. Budget breakdown and documentation ("proof") of expenses: (To document
proposed expenses from websites, such as Amazon or airline pages, use the
print screen function and/or a snipping tool. Receipts and/or invoices can be
scanned or photographed. All expenses must be combined into one PDF
document to upload.)
4. Faculty sponsor name and email address
Maximum Funding Values per Project Type:
Knox College Honors Project $1,300
Senior Research/Capstone $750
Independent Study $750
The Vovis Advisory Board is charged with the distribution of Richter funding to support student research and creative work. Applications are evaluated on completeness, feasibility, and quality.
Important Information and Reminders:
1. This application requires a faculty sponsor. Your faculty sponsor is the faculty
member at Knox who is familiar with your project and supports your
application for funding. You should talk with your faculty sponsor to
obtain their support prior to completing this application and provide
them with a copy of your project proposal.
2. Richter funding cannot be used to purchase food/meals.
3. All "non-consumable items" (such as equipment/supplies not "used up" during
the project) become property of Knox College at the conclusion of the project.
4. Late applications will not be accepted/reviewed.