Documents Required for Weatherization Application
Please provide the following documentation with your application.
Proof of income for everyone in the household (provide all that applies for each member of your household):
· Employment: Last year’s income (W-2, or tax return) and a current paystub that shows YTD (year to date) gross income.
· SSI or SSA: 2020 AND 2021 Social Security Benefit Letter.
· Retirement, Pension, Annuities: 1099 and a current monthly Statement.
We cannot accept bank statements as verification of income.
· If a member of your household has no income, fill out the Self-declaration of zero income form (enclosed) for the dates that they had no income and have them sign it in front of a notary.
· A copy of Food Stamp Approval Letter (If applicable).
Proof of Social Security Number and Identification (provide all that applies for each member of your household):
· A copy of Social Security cards for everyone in the home must be provided. NO EXCEPTIONS.
· A copy of identification of everyone in the home. (Except children under 16)
12-Month Utility Usage:
· A copy of the last 12 month’s electric bill history. Must include kilowatt hours, meter reading date, number of days in the billing cycle, and billing amount.
· A copy of the last 12 months heating usage. If you use natural gas include a copy of the past 12 months heating bill history including Therms/CCFs used. If your source of heat is kerosene, propane, fuel oil, or wood please provide your heating information from one of the following:
1. Receipts showing how much was purchased each month.
2. Print out from heating company on how much fuel was purchased each month.
Proof of Ownership for your home:
· A copy of the property tax card or tax bill. For mobile homes provide a copy of the DMV title or tax card.
We cannot use a warranty deed or non-warranty as verification of ownership.
· Rental property: The landlord must give approval for services. The landlord must review and complete a landlord agreement and must attach verification of ownership documentation.
· Lifetime Rights: The lifetime rights documentation must be registered with the Clerk of Courts office.
· Heir Property: All legal heirs of the property must give permission for weatherization services.
· Property by Will: we need the will that show who the home was left to.