As a parent/guardian of a Girl Scout, I agree to:
1. Demonstrate a genuine interest in my daughter’s participation in Girl Scouts by modeling the Girl Scout promise and law.
2. Respect the volunteer troop leader(s) and their time by doing my best to ensure that I am present at meetings, ceremonies or trips when requested and mindful of troop deadlines to provide a quality Girl Scout Leadership Experience for all girls.
3. Recognize that Girl Scouting is girl-led and I will support the opinions and goals of my daughter and other girls.
4. Follow all safety activity checkpoints and Girl Scout Hornets’ Nest volunteer policies to guarantee a high quality environment for my child.
5. Communicate any concerns that I have directly to the troop leader(s) in private (not in presence of girls or other parents). Follow Girl Scout’s Hornet’s Nest Council process for handling conflicts.
6. Not initiate or participate in gossip or negative statements about Girl Scouting and will refrain from behavior that may undermine the leadership of a Girl Scout activity or troop group.
7. Support the Girl Scout efforts to provide an environment of acceptance for all girls and their families by treating others with respect, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental ability, marital status, veteran status, socio-economic status, national origin or any other protected status.