Location: Global, remote telecommuting
Reports to: Climate & Energy Lead
Hours per week: 40
Support leadership development on climate change with simulation tools.
Climate Interactive is looking for a Program Associate to expand the reach of our systems thinking tools and simulations. Successful candidates will be tech savvy detail-oriented self-starters who can be highly productive working remotely.
The individual will provide program operations and user support for our project to diffuse En-ROADS worldwide. The person in this position will be responsible for making sure that the digital infrastructure for keeping up with our contacts and reaching new people is optimized and operating smoothly so that we can stay in touch and continue to build our programs. This person will help Climate Interactive shape our communication strategies, improve on our ability to reach new and diverse audiences worldwide, assess the quality of our programs, track web analytics, and troubleshoot problems that arise. This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about making a difference on climate change, enjoys wading through data to illuminate insights, and is comfortable using all kinds of software platforms to get the job done.
This is a telecommuting position open to applicants worldwide, however, most of Climate Interactive’s staff is based on the US East Coast so availability to work during US Eastern time zone is preferred. The position is approximately 40 hours per week and the pay is competitive. The position will likely last one year.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
Networking and Partner Support
• Support new and existing facilitators in using Climate Interactive’s tools and resources, mostly by answering email inquiries and forum posts.
• Provide assistance and support on webinars and events.
• Help create materials and online-infrastructure for En-ROADS and World Climate.
• Present Climate Interactive insights and tools as needed at meetings, workshops, and conferences globally.
Project Tracking and Analytics
• Stay attentive to user needs and feedback and incorporate insights into project strategies and implementation.
• Maintain smooth integration and organization across our Wordpress website, Salesforce database, and MailChimp email platform.
• Build the Salesforce contact database to capture key insights about the people in it.
• Provide website and En-ROADS metrics for reporting.
Qualifications, skills, & core competencies:
• Excellent at (or interest in learning) database management activities like organizing segmented lists of people, setting up processes to assess project goals, and working across multiple platforms from Salesforce to Excel
• Excellent writing and editing skills for a variety of settings, particularly for distilling complex ideas to general audiences
• Excellent public relations skills and ability to communicate well in emails and orally
• Capacity to learn and troubleshoot unfamiliar digital tools quickly
• Multilingual with cross-cultural experience preferred
• Highly self-motivated, responsible, and an independent thinker
• Detail oriented with a high personal standard for excellence
• Team player willing to perform a variety of tasks
• Well-organized and efficient
• Experience in the climate, sustainability, or energy fields
• Helpful to have familiarity with search engine optimization, user research practices, and project analysis methods
Climate Interactive overview:
Climate Interactive is a think tank that creates tools and resources to help people explore what it takes to address climate change. Climate Interactive has developed a reputation of providing unique tools and analysis that distill complex science and data into forms accessible to a wide range of audiences with computer modeling, systems thinking, organizational learning, and cutting-edge facilitation practices. With a staff of 15 that is largely based on the US East Coast, Climate Interactive relies on a wide range of skills and experience across our team to consistently deliver high-impact approaches to helping people see what works to address climate change.
Climate Interactive has had success in bringing hands-on simulators to groups such as the United Nations Secretary General’s office, U.S. Senators and Representatives, the Chinese government’s climate team, New York Times readers, and tens of thousands of citizen climate leaders in over 80 countries.
Climate Interactive is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.