Homeownership OC is a nonprofit housing counseling agency that promotes housing opportunities and homeownership. Our mission is to promote and preserve the dream of home ownership through outreach, education, counseling, and financing. Homeownership OC works to educate the public, especially the low income and under-served populations, on all aspects of owning or renting a home. We are a one stop shop and a free resource here to assist the community with any and all housing related issues. We realize that the concerns you bring to us are highly personal in nature and we are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. We assure you that all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical considerations. You “nonpublic personal information”, such as your total debt information, income, living expenses and personal information concerning your financial circumstances, will be provided to creditors, program monitors, and others only with your authorization and signature on the counseling agreement. We may also use anonymous aggregated case file information for the purpose of evaluating our services, gathering valuable research information and designing future programs.
Types of Information Gathered
We collect personal information to support our housing counseling program and to aid your housing needs counseling. We collect personal information about you and we may disclose the following kinds of personal information about you:
1. Information we receive from you orally, on applications or forms, such as name, address, social security number, employer, occupation, assts, debts and income;
2. Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, your creditors. Or others, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit usage; and
3. Information we receive from a consumer credit reporting agency, such as your credit bureau reports, your credit history and your credit worthiness.
You May Opt-Out of Certain Disclosures
1. You have the opportunity to “opt-out”, we will not be able to answer questions from your creditors. If at any time, you wish to change your decision and “opt-out”, you may call us at (800) 954-0441.
Release of Your Information to Third Parties
1. So long as you have not opted-out, we may disclose some or all of the information that we collect, as described above, to your creditors or 3rd parties where we have determined that it would be helpful to you, would aid us in counseling you, or is a requirement of grants which make our services possible.
2. We may also disclose any nonpublic personal information about you or former customers to anyone as permitted by law (e.g., if we are compelled by legal process)
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to personal information about you to those of our employees, volunteers and affiliated organizations who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical,electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. Our safeguards strive to comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information.