COVID-19 Liability Release Waiver for Arts on the Horizon
Familiarize yourself with the following list of known symptoms of COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body ache
New loss of taste or smell
Nausea or vomiting
While I recognize that an individual exhibiting any one or more of the foregoing symptoms may not be infected with COVID-19, out of an abundance of caution and for the safety and welfare of the Arts on the Horizon patrons and staff, I hereby accept and acknowledge a heightened responsibility and personal obligation to limit, and to avoid to the extent within my/our personal control, exposing others to the risk(s) of contracting and/or in turn exposing others to COVID-19.
In consideration of my participation in the Arts on the Horizon event, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. No member of my household and no one in my party has been diagnosed as infected with COVID-19 virus within the last 30 days.
2. No member of my household and no one in my party has experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, a dry cough or any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
3. No member of my household and no one in my party has traveled internationally by sea or by air within the last 30 days.
4. No member of my household and no one in my party has visited any area within the United States that was reported to be a COVID-19 'hotspot' within the last 30 days.
5. I understand that I am required to wear a mask at all times during the Arts on the Horizon event. Anyone in my party 2 years and older is also required to wear a mask during the event. The mask should have at least two layers, be worn over the individual’s nose and mouth and secured under their chin. Per the CDC guidelines, the following face coverings should not be worn at the event: gaiters, masks that have exhalation valves or vents, or face shields worn without a face mask. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html.
6. If my temperature, or anyone in my party has a temperature >100 degrees or is experiencing other symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea), we will stay home and will contact Arts on the Horizon to get a refund for the event registration fee.
7. I agree that my party will bring our own portable chairs, cushions, or blankets to sit on at the Arts on the Horizon event.
I AGREE TO REPORT IMMEDIATELY ANY CHANGES TO THE ABOVE STATEMENTS.
I am aware of the existence of the risk related to my participation/my child’s participation in the Arts on the Horizon event may result in illness such as, but not limited to COVID-19. I am fully and personally responsible for the safety of members of my household during the Arts on the Horizon event, and I recognize that members of my household may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge Arts on the Horizon, its board, officers, administrators, teachers, staff and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever, directly and indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury or death that may be sustained by any member of my household or anyone in my party, including myself, related to COVID-19 while participating in the Arts on the Horizon event that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Arts on the Horizon from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any members of my household or anyone in my party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing Liability Release Waiver and understand its contents; that I am at least eighteen (18) years old and fully competent to give my consent; that I have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved with participation in the Arts on the Horizon event and give my voluntary consent in signing below as my own free act and deed.