PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Please realize this is NOT a recreational program and the focus on competition increases dramatically. The philosophy of this program is to give youth in the I8 area an opportunity to play football at an advanced level while preparing them to play at the High School level.
By Signing Up Below I/We understand:
- There is a significant time commitment to you team and teammates.
- This is NOT a recreational program and there is NO minimum playing time requirement.
- Most practices and games are mandatory. Missing practices and games will affect playing time.
- I/We the parent(s) of a candidate for a position on a I8 Youth Football Team, hereby give my/our son/daughter approval of his/her participation in any/all activities.
- I/We assume all risks and hazards incidental to such participation including transportation to and from activities, and I/We do herby waive, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the I8YTF organization, participants and persons transporting my/our child – except to the extent and in the amount covered by liability insurance.
- I/We understand Medical insurance will NOT be provided.
- I/We will furnish a certified birth certificate upon request.
- Player must be 14 or under (age 13 yrs ) by August 1st.
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19
ASSUMPTION OF RISK/WAIVER OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
As a result of the highly contagious novel coronavirus, COVID-19, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. I8YTFL has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 including following the directives and guidelines from the Governor, the Illinois Department of Health, and our county health departments. However, the I8YTFL cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending and participating in Football/ Cheer activity could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
You and/or your child(ren)’s participation and attendance at an activity is voluntary. Further, you and your child(ren) are required to abide by directives designed to lower the risk of COVID-19 exposure which may include wearing masks, social distancing (6 feet apart), washing hands, non-sharing of equipment, wiping down all shared equipment after each use, limitations on spectators, etc. These directives will be provided to you by I8YTFL and the Illinois Department of Public Health. If you fail to follow these directives, you will forfeit you and your child(ren)’s right to continue participation in the activity.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the activity the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe and any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS I8YTFL and their officers officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("RELEASEES"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE
GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IF FREELY AND
VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release to my child/ward including the risks of presence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, I and my child/ward understand and accept these risks and responsibilities. I for myself, my spouse, and child/ward do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and myself, my spouse, and child/ward do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's/ward's presence or participation in these activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent provided by law.