My participation in Touchstone’s CiViL initiative is a privilege, not a right. My involvement in CiViL is based upon my agreement to the following:
1. CONFIDENTIALITY - I agree to maintain group confidentiality. I will not repeat anything that is shared during group to anyone outside of the group.
Limits of Confidentiality: CiViL Groups Leaders must report to authorities, if they have reason to believe I am…
· In danger of harming myself,
· Likely to harm someone else,
· Being harmed by someone else.
2. ACCEPTANCE – I agree to help create an atmosphere of acceptance by avoiding insults, “burning on” others, judgment, criticism, arguing, sarcasm or any other behavior that discourages others to be honest and open in the group.
3. PARTICIPATION – I will listen, respond, and take part in the group discussion. I will come to group awake, sober, and interested. I will silence and surrender my phone when instructed by the group leader.
4. COMMITMENT – CiViL Groups meet on a weekly basis. I agree to participate in all scheduled sessions. If I am unable to attend a session, I will inform my group leader in advance.
5. AUTHORITY – I agree that the leader of the group is the final authority on all group activities. I do not have to agree with their decisions, but I will respect them. Should I disagree with a decision, I may respectfully appeal to the leader.
6. SERVICE – I agree to participate in at least ONE CiViL Service Project each semester.
In signing below, I am committing to abide by the Student Agreement of CiViL. If I fail to abide by this Student Agreement, I lose the privilege of participating in CiViL.