4. Health Programs. If the Young Athlete takes part in a Special Olympics health program, I consent to health activities, exams, and treatment for the Young Athlete. This should not replace regular health care. I can say no to treatment or anything else any time for the Young Athlete.
5. Personal Information. I understand personal information may be used and shared by Special Olympics to:
- Make sure the Young Athlete can participate safely;
- Run trainings and events and share results;
- Put the Young Athlete’s information in a computer system;
- Provide health treatment, make referrals, consult doctors, and remind me about follow-up services;
- Research, share, and respond to needs of Special Olympics participants (identifying information removed if shared publically); and
- Protect health and safety, respond to government requests, and report information required by law. I can ask to see and change the Young Athlete’s information. I can ask to limit how the information is used.
6. Concussions. I understand the risk of concussions and continuing to play sports with a concussion. The Young Athlete may have to get medical care if a concussion is suspected. The Young Athlete also may have to wait 7 days or more and get permission from a doctor before they start playing sports again.