Where possible, your photo should:
• be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera
• have your eyes open and visible
• not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
• not have anything covering your face (unless for medical reasons)
• contain no other objects or other people (unless for medical reasons)
We understand that some circumstances may make these guidelines impractical, in which case simply provide the clearest photo you can.
Please upload evidence of your disability. Below are some examples - scroll down to see more.
Here are some more examples of the sort of documents we accept:
Don't worry if you don't have exactly what is listed - we're here to help so send us something relevant that shows your name and that you are disabled.
We offer the option to include an emergency contact on your card. If you choose to provide this information, the QR code on the back of your card will direct to your designated emergency contact's phone number.
If you choose not to have an emergency contact, the QR code will simply link to our website.
Your emergency contact's number will be stored in a QR code on the back of your ID card this allows quick access without needing a data connection or login in an emergency.
Please enter the phone number exactly as it should be called. If it is not a UK number please also include the country code (e.g., +353).