1. WordofLifeFellowship,Inc.,including domestic and foreign affiliations under the Word of Life structure, is dedicated to the Lordship of Christ in al lareas of life. The distinctives of Word of Life lay in its philosophy and goals. The Word of Life family is a community of a board of directors, staff members and students (hereafter referred to as “associates”). Each associate consequently bears certain responsibilities and obligations within the organization for the implementation of its philosophy and goals. In order that the organization functions efficiently and its goals be realized, it is necessary that there be a mutual commitment to a corpus of standards which involve the willing surrender of certain individual purposes and goals.
2. Word of Life follows specific Biblical principles, which relate to Christian behavior. Therefore, Word of Life prohibits practices, which are clearly forbidden by the Word of God, such as drunkenness, sexual immorality, dishonesty, and the like (I Corinthians 6:9- 20). Further, to expect associates to exemplify Christian love, consideration for the rights of others, honesty, and a high sense of Christian ethics is to expect only that which the Word of God teaches to be primary in the character of the Christian (Ephesians 4:24- 5:8).
3. Word of Life is firmly committed to a literal interpretation of the Bible and rejects any attempt to “reinterpret” Scripture in light of “modern” moral or psychological theories. In the Biblical account of creation, the family was the first societal institution ordained by God (Genesis 1:27, 2:18-22). Furthermore, Scripture plainly declares that the first two humans created by God were a man and a woman (Genesis 1:27, 2:18-22). God joined the man and woman in the holy rite of matrimony and commanded them to be fruitful, multiply, and replenish the earth
(Genesis 1:28). Therefore, the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24, Romans 7:2, I Corinthians 7:10, Ephesians 5:22-23).In both the Old and New Testaments, God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity should take place outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. Accordingly, all forms of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex (Genesis 2:24, 19:5, 13, 26:8-9, Leviticus 13:22, 18:1-30, Romans 1:26-29, I Corinthians 5:1, 6:9, I Thessalonians 4:1-8, Hebrews 13:4).
Since Word of Life believes that all sexual activity outside of a marriage, including homosexual practices, are in direct opposition to God’s Word and constitute a direct contradiction to God’s institution of the home, Word of Life will not employ or continue to employ men or women who promote or participate in homosexual behavior or any other sexual activity outside of marriage.
4. Word of Life recognizes the principles of Christian liberty within the sphere of those things, which are intrinsically innocent. However, Word of Life also recognizes that liberty needs to be restricted in certain instances. Scriptural precedent is found in Acts 15 and Romans 14, where certain practices inherently innocent were forbidden because they could do spiritual harm to other members of the Christian community. Verses for reference include:
I Corinthians 6:12 — Lawful, but not expedient (not profitable for our good)
I Corinthians 10:23 — Lawful, but not edifying I Corinthians 8:9 — Could be a stumbling block Romans 1:32 — Christians are different, and by living like the world, we approve of it. There should be no pleasure in watching sin. Ephesians 5:6-7, 11 — Don’t be deceived with vanity and participate in it. Colossians 3:17 — Make sure it pleases the Lord, not the emotions-flesh or self. Hebrews 12:1-2 — Lay aside weights as well as the sin.
5. Certain principles of conduct are a necessary part of the effort to establish an atmosphere within which the goals of Word of Life can be realized. For this reason and in an effort to maintain a consistent and above-reproach testimony to youth, Word of Life requires associates to refrain from the possession or use of alcoholic beverages, all smoking products, recreational and illicit drugs, from gambling, and from social dancing. Ceremonial dancing at special family events such as weddings and anniversaries is permitted. Biblical discretion and restraint will be exercised in all choices of entertainment, including radio, television, all forms of audio and visual recordings, movies, stage productions, computer and video gaming, various forms of literature and social media (Psalm 101:3, Romans 14:13-17, I Corinthians 9:22-23, I Corinthians 10:31, 2 Corinthians 6:3, Philippians 4:8, Ephesians 5:3-4, I Timothy 4:12, Titus 2:12 Furthermore, it is expected that associates will actively support a local Bible-believing church through service, giving, and allegiance (Hebrews 10:24-25)
6. Word of Life rejects the principle that exposure to and/or experimentation with doubtful and objectionable practices is essential to the development of moral or intellectual discernment and/or discrimination. Word of Life reserves the right to make the final decision in any questionable area.
7. Word of Life recognizes that observance of Word of Life standards does not comprise the whole of an individual’s responsibility to God and hence does not necessarily indicate that one is living a life of full commitment. The philosophy of Word of Life, however, maintains that willingness to obey these standards shows a maturity and spiritual concern for the whole Christian community (Galatians 5:13-24).
8. Conduct that is an offense to good taste, sound morality, or Christian propriety will not be acceptable. While some may not have personal convictions wholly in accordance with Word of Life standards, the purpose underlying them necessitates the honorable obedience to them. If an individual can no longer in integrity conform to them, that person should withdraw from Word of Life. Willful disobedience of these standards will bring about dismissal from Word of Life immediately.
To insure that the position of Word of Life will be maintained in an uncompromising manner and believing that a consistent and exemplary life should be expected of those who undertake the instruction and guidance of Christian youth, it is required that associates shall individually affirm by signing the following at the time of initial association and shall so reaffirm at such time as determined by Word of Life.
1. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired of God, and they are without error in the original writings, and they are the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is eternally existent in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, His death to pay the penalty for everyone’s sins, His bodily resurrection, His exaltation at God’s right hand, and His personal, imminent, pretribulational and pre-millennial return.
4. We believe that all have sinned and are therefore guilty before God and are under His condemnation.
5. We believe that all who by faith receive Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, therefore children of God and eternally saved, and that the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer to enlighten, guide, and enable the believer in life, testimony, and service. We believe that God answers the prayers of His people and meets their needs according to His purpose.
6. We believe that God gives spiritual gifts to all believers for the building up of the body of Christ. However, the miraculous sign-gifts of the Spirit, such as tongues and healings, were limited to the early church.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in Glory and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in hell.
8. We believe that all believers are called to a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices and alliances.
9. We believe that from the beginning with Adam and Eve, God ordained marriage as only between one man and one woman. All sexual activity outside of this biblical definition of marriage, including homosexual practices, is in direct contradiction to God’s Word and His intention for the institution of the home.
10. Historicity of Genesis Word of Life Bible Institute is committed to the historical and factual accuracy of the book of Genesis. Therefore, we teach a recent creation of the entire universe and all forms of life in the six, 24-hour days of the creation week. We believe that Adam and Eve were the first man and woman and that all of mankind has descended from them and has inherited a sin nature from their fall into sin, resulting in a cursed creation. We believe in a personal Satan who led some of the angels to rebel, enticed Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, and continues to oppose God’s program for human history. We believe in a worldwide flood which explains the disappearance of certain species recorded in the fossil record, the subsequent development of mankind from Noah, and the creation of language groups and nations from God’s intervention at the Tower of Babel. We believe that Satan’s attempt to overthrow God is doomed to fail and that the Lake of Fire has been prepared as a place of eternal conscious punishment for him, his demons, and all humans who reject Christ.
Please submit the $50 Admission Fee here.