ISI Albuquerque Welcomes You!
International Students Inc. (ISI) is a national Christian service organization made up of trained, culturally-sensitive, American friends, eager for cultural exchange. Most, but not all of our volunteers indentify themselves as Christians. We accept volunteers of all religious beliefs and we serve students of all religious beliefs.
- We want to provide a positive first impression of the United States & of the city of Albuquerque.
- International students of all religions & beliefs are welcome to participate.
ISI offers all international students and scholars free airport pickup & temporary home-stay service if we receive the completed "Airport Welcome & Temporary Home-stay Request Form" at least one week, before the expected arrival date. If the form is received less then one week before arrival, we will do our best to help you, but it depends on how many other requests we have pending. Do NOT apply for airport pickup and temporary homestay services from both ISI AND other organizations, such as student organizations. If you have requested an airport pick up or homestay services from student organizations such as CSA (Chinese Student Association) ISA (Indian Student Association), NSA (Nepalese Student Association) then please do NOT fill out a request from ISI. (You may still fill out a request for a Friendship Partner) It causes much confusion when duplicate requests have been made to more than one organization.
ATTENTION: Do not fill out this form until you have your travel information finalized.
All of our services are free.
What does this ‘Welcome service’ consist of?
1) Pickup from the Albuquerque International Airport, "SunPort" or Bus/Train Station.
2) Stay of up to 3 nights with an American family.
3) Breakfast and Dinner with the host family during the home stay.
4) Transportation to and from the University of New Mexico (UNM) campus during your home stay.
How do you sign-up?
1) When your travel arrangements are completed, fill out the online request form below and submit it. Each student must fill out a request form even if you are traveling with others.
We must receive your request form at least one week or more before your arrival in Albuquerque in order to provide Airport Pickup and Temporary Home stay services for you. If receiving your request less than 1 week, we can often help you, but it's more difficult and not always possible. If your request is delayed because of visa problems, go ahead and submit a request form and we will do what we can to assist you.
2) You will receive confirmation of receipt of your request form, usually within 24- 48 hours.
3) You should receive an e-mail from your "American host" at least 2 days before your arrival date.
Unexpected Delays or Missed Connecting Flights?
Please call your "American Host" and/or ISI (505) 238-6064 (voice or text) immediately to let them know the situation. Then, if necessary, call again as soon as you are given your new flight schedule.
Arrival at Albuquerque's Airport:
1) When you arrive at the Baggage Claim, look for a person holding up a sign with your name on it. This will identify your American Host.
2) If you have not located your American Host within 30 minutes you can contact ISI at 505-238-6064 (voice or text) If your flight arrives early, please wait at the Baggage Claim area at least 30 minutes after the scheduled arrival time.