FLORIDA A&M UNIVERSITY NATIONAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Metro Atlanta Chapter
2021 Scholarship Application
The Metro Atlanta chapter of the Florida A&M University National Alumni Association is a nonprofit organization. For over 30 years, it has served as the official representative of FAMU in the Atlanta area. Each year, the association awards scholarships to Metro-Atlanta high school students who will attend FAMU. These scholarships are non-renewable and start at $1000.
• Metro-Atlanta high school senior, enrolling at FAMU for the fall semester
• Minimum SAT score of 1170 or ACT score of 26
• Minimum 3.3 (4.0 scale) grade point average
• Completed application package
• Application form
• Official high school transcript
• Copy of SAT and/or ACT test scores
• Three letters of recommendation (must be legible, cannot use a relative)
• Essay addressing “In What Ways Will You Contribute to FAMU?” (min. 250 words)
• Wallet-size color photo (headshot, plain background)
• FAMU acceptance letter (if available)
An interview with the Alumni panel is mandatory for consideration of this scholarship.
Interviews will be scheduled by invitation only. Submission of an application does not
guarantee an interview.
Scholarship recipients will be presented at the Annual Alumni Fundraiser. All recipients are
expected to attend.
Form must be submitted by January 31, 2021