1. I acknowledge that For the Children (RFK) Novi is taking reasonable precautions to mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated entirely, as COVID-19 may spread through multiple pathways. I also understand that although reasonable precautions are taken, my child may become infected with COVID-19. I also understand the health risks associated with COVID-19 infection including potential exposure to others including family members.
2. I expressly agree to accept and assume all risks associated with COVID-19 related to my child’s participation in the Program. I have elected to allow my child to participate in the Program despite the risks of COVID-19. I recognize that this decision is purely voluntary and that I have the right to discontinue my child’s participation in the Program at any time.
3. I understand that For the Children (RFK) Novi may modify and/or cancel a Program as a result of COVID-19 issues or may be directed to modify and/or cancel a Program by government authorities.
4. I understand that For the Children (RFK) Novi reserves the right to segregate, remove, quarantine, and/or dismiss my child for COVID-19 reasons and/or take all reasonable steps to maintain and protect the health and welfare of my child and other Campers, staff, and volunteers.
5. I acknowledge that I will remain solely responsible for my other costs incurred in connection with my child’s participation in the Program, including transportation and incidental costs, even in the event that For the Children (RFK) Novi is required to or deems it necessary to cancel or modify the Program, or For the Children (RFK) Novi dismisses my child from the Program.
6. I represent to For the Children (RFK) Novi or will represent to For the Children (RFK) Novi prior to presenting my child for participation in the Program that, to my knowledge, my child (a) has not been diagnosed with COVID-19, (b) has not been exposed to a person presumed or confirmed to have COVID-19 within the fourteen days preceding my child’s participation in the Program, and (c) is free of any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (which may include a fever, a dry cough, excessive fatigue, shortness of breath). I represent I will notify For the Children (RFK) Novi of any change in my child’s medical status that occurs prior to the start date of the term for which he/she is registered.
7. I HEREBY VOLUNTARILY RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST For the Children (RFK) Novi, ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS AND ALL OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES AFFILIATED WITH For the Children (RFK) Novi OR ACTING ON ITS BEHALF THAT RELATE IN ANY WAY TO COVID-19, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO MY CHILD’S EXPOSURE TO, INFECTION WITH, OR OTHER HARM RELATED TO COVID-19 WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM AND/OR FOLLOWING PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, AND ALSO INCLUDING HARM RELATED TO MY CHILD’S SPREAD OF COVID-19 TO ME AND/OR OTHERS INCLUDING FAMILY MEMBERS. I FURTHER AGREE TO REIMBURSE XYZ CAMP FOR ATTORNEY FEES INCURRED RELATED TO ENFORCING THIS WAIVER PROVISION.
8. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless For the Children (RFK) Novi from and against any liabilities, claims, causes of action, suits, losses, fines, judgments, settlement, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) which may be incurred by For the Children (RFK) Novi as a consequence of my child’s exposure to COVID-19 resulting in the illness or infection of a third-party.
9. The provisions of this Addendum are severable, and if any provision of this Addendum is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
10. This Addendum is intended to supplement the 2020 Camper Application previously executed and is in addition to the terms stated therein, which shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this ADDENDUM, which includes an ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT RELATED TO COVID-19, I expressly state that I have had sufficient opportunity to read it in its entirety. I further certify that I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.