To: Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours
In Consideration Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours is accepting my application for reservation and I am being permitted to participate in any Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tour or activity upon the lands owned by the Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort, under the following conditions; I agree to grant this release from liability, waiver all claims and agree not to sue, and to agree to assume all risks of the sled dog tour activity either by participating in presented driving, riding or touring options and that I have agreed to participate in, some of which are described below.
1. I hereby waive any and all claims that I may now and in the future have against Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours, it’s officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, and representatives (collectively referred to as “its staff”) or Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort for any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss including economic loss sustained by me or any other person as a result of my participation in any sled dog tour or any other activity with Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation negligence on the part of Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours, its staff or the Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort.
2. I am aware that a trip with Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours involves transportation by vehicle, dogsled, and on foot and that these activities have in addition to the usual inherit dangers, hazards and risks which may include but are not limited to;
a. Risk of injury, death or property damage due to collision or upset of a dog team or sled with natural objects, vehicles or other dog teams or sleds.
b. Steep terrain where I may slip, fall or rollover may cause personal injury, death or property damage.
c. Unstable or unpredictable weather conditions which may cause injury, death or property damage due to extreme temperatures and which may prevent travel to, from, or within an area.
d. Unfamiliar terrain where I may become lost, get off route or become separated from the rest of the party.
e. Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours, it’s staff, its dogs, the Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort and other travelers who by their conduct including negligence, may cause injury, death or property damage.
f. Rough terrain which may contain dangerous obstacles and hazards which may be hidden or covered by snow. Some of these obstacles may include but are not limited to: ice and snow cornices, tree wells, tree stumps, creeks, boulders, forest deadfall, holes or depressions below the snow surface, and carrying and difficult snow conditions.
3. I accept all the dangers and risk of Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours sled dog tours and other Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours activities and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from.
4. I understand that it is my responsibility to dress appropriately for our dog sledding adventure and to follow the recommendations laid out by Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours Sled in their tour confirmation and on the website.
5. I acknowledge that any damage purposely caused by me to property owned, rented, or leased by Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours will result in a damage fee to be determined by Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours.
6. I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours or other Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours activity is derived from being in the wild outdoors far from the comforts and security of populated areas and that the inherent risks of outdoor adventure contribute to such enjoyment and excitement.
7. I am not relying on any oral, written or visual representation or statements made by Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours, its staff, those in its brochures, or by the Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort, to induce me to go on any Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours activity or tour, whether driving a sled dog team following a guide/instructor, driving a sled dog team beside my instructor or riding in a sled with other customers or guide/instructors driving a dog team or any activity sold by Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours Inc.
8. I confirm that I am of or past the full age of 18 years and that I have read and understood this Agreement prior to signing it and agree that this Liability Waiver will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, successors or assigns and that this is my original signature and has not been signed by or copied by anyone else whatsoever. (A Parent or authorized Guardian over the age of 18 years of age must read, understand, agree to and sign this document on behalf of the minors they are accompanying and including in the activities requested and purchased for their minor participants).
9. I agree to give up any right or claim to compensation for the use by Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours for promotional purposes, any photographic image taken of me during any tour or activity with Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours.
10. I agree that I will not post to social media, including but not limited to: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Parler any video image of other guests, the sled dogs, the guides, handlers or resort without written permission from Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours. Arctic Paws requests the right to review all video post and maintain the right to request it be removed if not approve. I understand that still photos may be posted online.
11. I agree that this Agreement shall be governed in all respects by and be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Pennsylvania.