Line Supervisor of the Year
Submissions must be received by 7 AM Monday, March 1st, 2021
Nominees must have been employed in the applicable category by a public safety agency any time between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Nominees do not have to be members of APCO. Persons being nominated must be residents of Kansas, United States.
When completing your nomination for submission please ensure you have selected the correct category and that you provide as much detail about the nominee in your nomination as possible. To assist you we have included below a list of sample job titles as well as sample job responsibilities. They are not all-inclusive as you know agencies job titles vary across the state. Please note that nominations submitted in incorrect categories will be disqualified from the judging process.
If you have any questions, please email 2nd Vice President Kelly Chess at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance at any time.
Sample Job Titles
Dispatch Line Supervisor, Dispatch Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Line Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Emergency Resource Supervisor, Telecommunications Supervisor, etc.
· Plans, Organizes, establishes objectives; resolves difficult and complex operational issues; participates in the administration of a Communications Center, and supervises one or more employees.
· Is familiar with all operations and functions expected of subordinates and demonstrates that knowledge on a regular basis.
· Monitors and evaluates staff performance of completeness, accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Recognizes performance issues and takes appropriate measures to correct, or praise employees.
· Is able to quickly prioritize and organize operational functions and makes appropriate decisions in stressful situations.
· Recognizes and mitigates potential issues within, or affecting, the Communications Center and is able to diffuse tense situations.
· Maintains a professional attitude at all times and ensures employees maintain the same.
· Promotes a positive working relationship with subordinates as well as supervisors, coworkers, and other professional entitles.
Nominator Tips & Resources
Please provide as much detail about the nominee in your nomination as possible. Include specific examples to emphasize and illustrate exemplary performance.
Nominators – Please answer each question on this form individually under the questions. You may do so by expanding the space after each question or repeating the questions on additional pages as needed to answer each question separately. Each answer has a number value so questions left unanswered will negatively influence the scoring of the nomination.
Completing this form
● Save a copy of the downloaded version of this document to your computer’s hard drive. Nominations will only be accepted using this form.
● Type the required information directly into the saved version of the document.
● Be sure to include information for all requested sections.
● Include specific facts or examples wherever possible to back up your comments.
● Ask someone to proof the form before you submit it: Are there grammatical errors? Is there information that is unclear? Do the descriptions provide enough detail to “paint a picture” of the performance and contribution of the nominee to public-safety communications?