I understand that the Pilates program will begin at a low level and will be advanced in stages depending on my fitness level. I understand and agree that the instructor or I can stop the exercise session at any time if I am or are seen to be experiencing any symptoms of fatigue or discomfort.
I understand and am aware that there exists the possibility of certain dangers when exercising. These can include abnormal blood pressure, fainting, and irregular, fast or slow heart rhythm and in rare instances a heart attack, stroke or death. I understand (a) whilst every care will be taken it is impossible to predict the body’s exact response to exercise and (b) every effort will be made to minimize these risks by evaluation of preliminary information relating to the questionnaire and fitness by observation during exercise.
For one to one sessions, I understand that the Pilates program will be specifically designed as a personal training plan and will take into account details about me given in my questionnaire and assessment. I understand that this program of exercise should only be undertaken when I have been given specific instructions to exercise on my own.
For class sessions, I understand that the Pilates program has been put together to cover a more general plan and not specifically designed as a personal training plan for me. Therefore I understand that the program of exercises should only be undertaken in a Pilates class. Further I understand and agree that if I perform any of the exercises outside the class then I do so at my own risk.
I agree that Alyssa Junious shall not be liable for injuries I suffer in respect of: Pilates exercises I perform outside a Pilates class or one to one session Performing Pilates exercises if I am suffering from an injury or ailment of which I have not informed you.
I understand that my teacher is a qualified and insured Pilates mat class or studio teacher.
I understand that Alyssa Junious is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class.
I will tell the teacher of anything painful / unusual I experience in the class and between classes.
I will stop doing the exercise if I or s/he thinks I need to, or follow the alternatives my teacher gives me.
I understand my teacher may offer me professional advice relating to my ability to exercise and she/he may consider it unprofessional to continue to teach me if I do not wish to follow that advice.
I will keep my teacher updated on any changes in my medical condition.
If you are struggling with anything in your class, have any problems or concerns, do please let me know as soon as you can, and we will do our best to help.
If there are not enough people booked into the class to run it for the term, we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund will be given to you.
-If you arrive late for a private session or groups sessions will not be extended and will end at the scheduled time.
-All information you provide is held in strict confidence and information is never passed to third parties.
Mobile phones :
-Should be switched off or on silent during a class except in exceptional circumstances.
SAFETY AND HYGIENE
- In the interests of safety and hygiene, no food is permitted in the changing rooms or studio. Only water is permitted in the studio.
- Clothing should be close fitting and unrestricting rather than baggy so that the instructor can see how you are moving & help you more easily. Bare feet or socks are fine.
- Bring a mat, small hand towel & your own water to class.
- Please remove dangly or sharp jewelry that may injure you or damage the equipment. Please also note that clothing with zips at the back have been known to cause damage to equipment and may also 'dig in' to your back so are not suitable for Pilates and should be avoided.
- Participation in both group and individual sessions is at the individual's own risk. Always listen to your body and exercise at a pace and level which is best for you. Stop if you feel discomfort and let your instructor know. It is your responsibility to ensure you are capable of carrying out the exercises provided.
STUDIO APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION POLICY
Appointments made are not transferable to another person. You can cancel all types of studio appointments up to 24 hours before the appointment and not be charged. After 24 hours, you will be charged for the session.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS Pilates by Alyssa Junious reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions without prior notice. Thank you for agreeing to our terms and conditions.