Holiday Windows Competition and Walking Tour
- Participating businesses must register by Nov. 17 to be eligible for judging. These businesses will be advertised in a full page spread in the Transylvania Times and other printed/online publications
- There is no fee to participate.
- Holiday displays must be completed before Black Friday, Nov. 27.
- Businesses are encouraged to stay open late on Friday, Dec. 4 and Saturday, Dec. 5th to kick off the Walking Tours. This is also when our celebrity judges will make thier rounds and thier tally thier scores.
- It is encouraged that window lights stay on until at least 9 p.m. A timer is recommended.
- Lights, movement and unusual materials are encouraged in window displays
A panel of local “celebrity” judges will score the window displays based on creativity, originality and use of merchandise. Some award categories highlight good retail design – use of store products and merchandise, display of a business’ services or types of design, like best theme or best use of recycled materials.
Winners will be awarded bragging rights, a Holiday Windows trophy and co-op adverstising package.
Best Use of Product or Merchandise
Best Wow Factor
Best Use of Recycled Materials
People's Choice Award
November 20: Contest registration deadline.
November 27: People’s Choice voting begins.
December 4-6: Celebrity Judging.
December 18: People’s Choice voting ends.
December 21: Contest winners announced.
Thank you for participating! Happy Holidays!