In the event you are selected as a Volunteer with the Giles County Animal Shelter, the following Volunteer Agreement is required:
As a Volunteer with GILES COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER, I agree to:
• Never strike an animal, or handle or treat an animal in such a way that it would be construed as rough or abusive. I will always exercise compassion and care with the animals.
• Wear appropriate clothing such as closed toe shoes, pants/shorts of an appropriate length, and tops that are free of vulgar/obscene language or images. No flip flops or sandals.
• Donate my services to the GILES COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER without contemplation of compensation or future employment.
• Carry out my assignments in accordance with training and seek assistance from the Director or Animal Control Officer whenever necessary.
• Communicate any job-related problems, concerns, differences of opinion, conflicts, or suggestions only to Director or ACO.
• Adhere to sign-in and scheduling procedures.
• Notify the volunteer coordinator if I choose to discontinue my volunteer service with the GILES COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER.
I understand that the GILES COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER reserves the right to terminate my Volunteer status as a result of the following:
• Any abuse or mistreatment of an animal.
• Failure to comply with organizational policies, rules, and other regulations.
• Unsatisfactory attitude or work ethic
Liability Release & Waiver: I understand that my participation with the GILES COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER is strictly a volunteer basis. I understand that there are inherent risks associated with my volunteer activities, including the risk of personal injury resulting from animal bites and other animal behavior. In exchange for the GCAS Facility agreement to allow me to participate in its Volunteer Program, I hereby release the MCAS Facility, including its officers, agents and employees, from any and all claims of liability of any kind whatsoever including, but not limited to, claims of negligence and/or injury to me arising out of my participation in the GCAS Volunteer Program. I understand that by signing below I am waiving any and all claims of negligence and/or injury to me, against GCAS, its Officers, Director and employees, arising out of my participation in the GCAS Volunteer Program.