General Job Information
The Pre-Funding QC Specialist reports to and collaborates with the Compliance Manager and Closing Manager to complete the review of the loan file that will be submitting to Underwriting.
Include but not limited to:
● Has a complete understanding of products, processes, guidelines, and regulatory requirements with strength in Processing and Underwriting.
● Gathers necessary information and documentation for review to on Clear to Close files for release to Pre-Closing and Closing.
● Maintains communications with processors, underwriter as to status of loan.
● Follows-up on required information, documentation required for processing and underwriting conditions with Branches, Loan Originators and Processors.
● Review of documentation for complete package in stacking order to be submitted to Closing.
● Working with the Underwriting, Processing and Loan Origination area to coordinate clearing defects and providing documents
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● 2+ years of Pre-Funding QC experience
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of employees within the organization.
● Strong collaboration and customer service skills.
● Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
● Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
● As defined by the S.A.F.E. Act, must register as a Mortgage Loan Originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and maintain the unique identifying registration number.
Candidate should also possess:
● Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
● Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Positive attitude
● Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
● Self-motivation with the ability to complete multiple tasks at once
● Strong interpersonal skills in a professional setting
● Sound judgment skills and prudent deductive reasoning skills
● Ability to maintain and adhere to all company policies including those regarding confidentiality and privacy
● High levels of integrity and a strong work ethic
● Strong leadership and collaboration skills
● Ability to handle frequent changes (adaptability)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● 1+ years of Encompass LOS experience
● One or more years relevant loan experience
● Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines preferred.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.