2020 Christmas Parade Rules
1. In compliance with city ordinance and in order to protect parade participants from COVID-19, all parade staff, participants and volunteers must wear masks that FULLY COVER THE NOSE AND MOUTH in their respective setup zones, the setup zones of others and in ALL LOCATIONS adjacent to the parade route. All participants must wear their masks during setup process, parade, and take-down process.
2. Due to the risk of COVID-19 transmission, you may ABSOLUTELY NOT THROW NOR HAND OUT CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS or you will forfeit your deposit and may be removed and unable to participate in the parade for 3 years. This is a VERY SERIOUS safety issue, and your cooperation is appreciated. Candy will be handed out by designated volunteers (elves) at the end of the parade.
3. There will be a spray-painted line that marks the end of your setup zone and the beginning of traffic. No parade staff, participants, or volunteers are permitted to cross this line during the parade. This is for the safety of the parade participants and for the safety of traffic.
4. No unit may have a live Santa Claus on it. More than one Santa causes confusion, especially for small children. Santa comes at the end of the parade and is sponsored by the Tahlequah Area Chamber of Commerce.
5. The Chamber, or any other agency or entity associated with the parade, will not accept any responsibility for damages or injuries occurring during parade activities. The Chamber or designated agents thereof may withdraw or remove any entry from the parade at any time without cause.
6. All entries must have name of club, organization, business, church or group affixed to the side of the float or platform that faces Muskogee Ave or held out by standing units so as to be visible by parade attendees.
7. All entries must be decorated and sustainable for entire time of the parade.
8. All entries must provide their own electricity.
9. All entries must pick up their trash after the parade closes. Tahlequah City will aid in trash pick up 30 minutes after parade break-down, so have your trash ready for them at that time.
10. All entries must fully remove their floats from the parade zone on Dec 6th after the parade has ended.
11. All entries must be in their assigned setup zones by 5:00 p.m. on parade night to eliminate problems and congestion during actual street and intersection closings.
12. Judging of entries will begin promptly at 5:15 p.m.
13. Maximum entry height is 15 feet. Maximum parade entry length is 15 feet, and the maximum width is 15 feet. Entries must be able to be maneuvered into parking spaces. If your organization would like to have a float that is longer than 15 feet, you may purchase a two adjoining zones for a combined length of 30 feet. This option will be priced as two parade entries.
14. A setup zone number has been assigned for your entry. PLEASE DO NOT LOSE YOUR NUMBER. It must be prominently placed on the parade entry on the side that faces Muskogee Ave to facilitate judging for the Winners’ Circle.
15. Failure to comply with parade safety rules will result in the forfeiture of your deposit.