BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Alpha Educational Fund (AEF) of San Antonio (SA), Inc. is a private, non-profit organization founded by the members of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Delta Rho Lambda Chapter. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. is the oldest historically Black Greek Letter organization and is dedicated to Manly Deeds, Scholarship, and Service to All Mankind. Our Alpha Educational Fund awards financial assistance to deserving college bound students.
ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS: Applicant must be a student who graduated or will graduate from an accredited high school in the school year 2022-2023. Additionally, applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 points on a four-point scale and a justifiable need for financial assistance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Application forms and instructions may be obtained from high school guidance counselors or downloaded from our AEF website at www.aef-sa.org.
The completed application must be returned to email@example.com before April 14, 2023. The applicant must complete the entire application package.
NOTE: Incomplete application packages will not be accepted. The application package must include the following:
- 2023 Black & Gold Scholarship Application for Alpha Educational Fund Financial Assistance (AEF Form 1949)
- An OFFICIAL copy of student’s High School transcript and senior year schedule.
- An OFFICIAL copy of ACT and SAT scores, if available.
- A recent head shot (wallet-size) photograph of the student.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (1 x Counselor or Instructor & 1 x Community Leader).
- Each applicant must author a Personal Essay on why he/she should be selected as a recipient (depicting your biographical sketch, educational aspirations, career goals and an explanation of why financial assistance is essential). Essay must be typed on 8.5” x 11” paper, double spaced with 1” margins and not exceed two pages.
- List of Extra-curricular/Community Activities (i.e., Junior ROTC, Civil Air Patrol, BSA, or Scouts)
* Please Note: all attachments to application must not exceed 8.5” x 11” in size.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Applications will be screened, verified, and evaluated for completeness. A financial selection committee will evaluate/rate the content of each application. Using a scale of one hundred (100) points, the committee will consider Academic Achievement, Quality and Content of Essay, Honors and Achievements, School Involvement, Community Service, and Reference Letters.
NOTIFICATION PROCEDURE: Selectees will receive a notice of results from the organization via email.
AWARD PAYMENT CERTIFICATION: Upon completion of enrollment, the student or school registrar must send verification of enrollment and curriculum to the address depicted on application page; or the AEF scholarship chair. When the required verification is received, the award payment will be made directly to the student or parent.
AWARD PAYMENT LIMITATION: All financial awards will be paid within six months of selection notification.