1. All applications must be received by November 19, 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
2. This is an amateur contest. Professional entries will not be accepted.
1. The Gingerbread Houses must be made out of actual Gingerbread, not any other type of material. They may be mounted on plywood platforms.
2. Structures are not limited to houses—creativity is encouraged.
3. All items used in building and decorating the Gingerbread House must be edible, except for the base. Chocolate is not recommended for decoration due to possible melting in sunny windows.
4. The size of the base must not be any larger than 18 inches wide by 18 inches long.
1. The Gingerbread House must be ready for display and delivered to the Historic Downtown Manassas Visitors Center at 9431 West Street, by Monday, November 22nd between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
2. Entries must be boxed appropriately for safe transportation by Historic Manassas, Inc. to local businesses. Entries not boxed appropriately will not be accepted.
1. Judging will be done by the public. Houses will be on display in various Historic Downtown shops for public viewing and for shoppers to cast their votes for their favorite entry from Wednesday, November 24th, through Friday, December 17th at Noon.
2. Votes will be tabulated and the winners will be notified before 4:00 PM on Friday, December 17th.
3. Winners will be officially announced to the public on Monday, December 20th.
4. Winners for the Adult category* will be awarded a $75 first prize, $50 second prize and $25 third prize in Historic Downtown Manassas Gift Cards.
5. Winners for the Child category* will be awarded a $50 first prize, $25 second prize, and a $10 third prize in Historic Downtown Manassas Gift Cards.
*Community groups may submit one entry within the appropriate age group. These groups are limited to schools, senior centers and non-profit organizations.
1. If you wish to pick up your entry, it must be picked up from the business in which it is on display by Saturday, December 18th or Sunday, December 19th.
2. Remaining, intact entries not picked up by the close of business on Sunday, December 19th will be donated to charity. Houses remaining, but not intact will be disposed of.