1. For the protection of your pets and other patients, all boarding pets must be current on vaccinations. These include, for dogs: DHLP/PV (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus, and Parainfluenza), Rabies, and Bordetella, and for cats: FVRCP (Rhinotracheitis, Panaleukopenia, Calici and Chlamydia) and Rabies. If vaccinations were administered by another veterinarian, written proof of vaccination must be provided. If vaccinations are needed, they will be administered on the day your pet is admitted. An examination will be performed to assure that your pet is healthy enough for vaccines.
2. If parasites are found on the pet during the stay, they will be treated as we determine, and the cost of the treatment will be added to the total bill.
3. We will try to bathe all dogs prior to discharge as a complimentary service. However, if the pet’s heath or temperament makes it hazardous to the staff or the pet, the pet will not be bathed.
4. If the pet(s) are to be picked up outside normal business hours, arrangements must be made in advance.
5. If the pet(s) are to be picked up by someone other than their owner, arrangements must be made in advance.
6. All reasonable precautions will be used to prevent injury and escape of the pet. Colquitt Animal Hospital is not responsible for the actions of the pet that may cause injury and escape.
7. All pets not picked up within 7 days after the expected date of pickup will be considered abandoned. Colquitt Animal Hospital is given authorization to dispose of the pet(s) as they deem best, including euthanasia (putting to sleep).