I hereby consent to engaging in telemedicine with the providers at True North TMS as part of my ongoing treatment. I understand that "telemedicine" includes the practice of health care delivery, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, transfer of medical data, and education using interactive audio, video, or data communications. I understand that telemedicine also involves the communication of my medical/mental information, both orally and visually, to health care practitioners located in Alaska or outside of Alaska. I understand that I have the following rights with respect to telemedicine:
(1) I have the right to withhold or withdraw consent at any time without affecting my right to future care or treatment nor risking the loss or withdrawal of any program benefits to which I would otherwise be entitled.
(2) The laws that protect the confidentiality of my medical information also apply to telemedicine. As such, I understand that the information disclosed by me during the course of my therapy is generally confidential. However, there are both mandatory and permissive expectations to confidentiality, including, but not limited to reporting child, elder, and dependent adult abuse; expressed threats of violence towards an ascertainable victim; and where I make my mental or emotional state an issue in a legal proceeding. I also understand that the dissemination of any personally identifiable images or information from the telemedicine interaction to researchers or other entities shall not occur without my written consent.
(3) I understand that there are risks and consequences from telemedicine, including, but not limited to, the possibility, despite reasonable efforts on the part of my mental health provider, that: the transmissions of my medical information could be disrupted or distorted by technical failures; the transmission of my medical information could be interrupted by unauthorized persons; and/or the electronic storage of my medical information could be accessed by unauthorized persons. In addition, I understand that telemedicine based services and care may not be as complete as face-to-face service. I also understand that if my mental health provider believes I would be better served by another form of mental health services (e.g. face-to-face services ) I will be referred to a provider who can provide such services in my area. Finally, I understand that there are potential risks and benefits associated with any form of mental health treatment, and that despitemy efforts and the efforts of my provider, my condition may not be improved, and in some cases may even get worse.
(4) I understand that I may benefit from telemedicine, but that results cannot be guaranteed or assured.
(5) I understand that I have a right to access my medical information and copies of medical records in accordance with Alaska law. I have read and understand the information provided above. I have discussed it with my psychotherapist, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.