HOST ORGANISATION INFORMATION
What is the NZ Music Commission Industry Internship Programme?
The Music Commission’s Industry Internship Programme is one of the development initiatives for the Music Commission in 2021. This is the fourth intake of the Programme.
The Industry Internship Programme will partner Interns with New Zealand music organisations and businesses (Hosts) to develop the skills, networks, experience and connections for the Intern. Host music organisations benefit from fresh thinking, additional resource and low risk development of potential employees.
Host Organisation Requirements
Organisations wishing to host an Intern as part of the Programme must meet the following criteria:
· Be a New Zealand based music business.
· Be willing to contribute $884 + GST towards the total cost of the internship (i.e. 10% of the cost for a full time Intern, pro-rata for part time placement). This cost can be waived for registered charities or not for profit organisations.
· Be able to provide an Intern with the tools and an environment they need to complete their work or note in the application anything that the Intern would need to provide themselves (i.e. personal laptop).
· Provide a job description for the Intern that outlines the capabilities sought for the role and the key tasks and expected outcomes for the duration of the internship. The Intern needs to be involved in a specific ongoing project as well as given the opportunity to understand the wider scope of the business.
· Have the capacity to host an Intern for the duration of the internship beginning from the end of February/early March and ending no later than the end of June 2021.
· Be able to host an Intern under one of the following models:
a) 16 weeks for 16 hours per week or
b) 16 weeks for 24 hours per week or
c) 10 weeks for 40 hours per week.
Some flexibility may be possible to accommodate other weekly schedules.
· Elect a point of contact for the Intern within the organisation who can be on hand to assist the Intern, and be responsible for the authorisation of time sheets and reporting requirements on behalf of the organisation. Reporting requirements will cover performance feedback, outcome feedback and process feedback.
To be considered as a Host Organisation please read the information below and complete this application form. Applications are open from Tuesday 17 November 2020 and close at 5:00pm Tuesday 8 December 2020.
Please note – current employees, staff or contractors are not eligible to participate in the Industry Internship Programme.