The therapist offers therapeutic approaches that seek to promote strengths and to assist clients (individuals and families) in learning coping skills and solutions to meet their challenges, enhance their quality of life, and improve their relationships with others. The first several sessions are considered evaluation sessions. At the end of those sessions, the therapist will let you know if she is the appropriate person to assist you with your treatment needs; if so, we will begin the treatment process.
I hold a license as a Clinical Social Worker granted by the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners. You may contact them at 1-800-521-1941 if needed.
1. Fees are determined at or before the first session and payment is expected by check, debit card, credit card, or exact cash amount. Returned checks are charged a $35.00 service fee. Payment is due at the end of each session. Currently, the rate is set at $125 for each session and $125 per hour for reports, letter writing, requests to copy records, and attending meetings (this is not covered by your insurance). If you are paying with the benefit of insurance, my policy is to collect your co-pay at each session. I will file a claim with your insurance company. Depending on the processing time of your insurance company, it will notify me of its rendering for the claim. If you have not met your deductible for the year, you will be billed for the difference.
I currently accept the following insurance carriers as well as traditional MEDICARE:
|MEDICARE (Red, White, & Blue Card Only)
Before your first session, I will request your insurance information to verify your benefits, deductible, co-pay, and need for prior authorization in order to minimize any wait time for all parties.
As of August 1, 2017, I no longer file secondary insurance. I will provide you with a receipt so that you can file for reimbursement and am willing to accommodate other requests to help you on a case-by-case basis.
Patients who repeatedly miss or cancel appointments with less than 24 hours’ notice will have services terminated. In the event service is terminated by the therapist, you will be notified that the working relationship has ended and the reason for such.
Hours of Service and Appointments:
1. Appointments are scheduled at the mutual convenience of both parties. At least 50 minutes will be set aside for each appointment. Appointments are available between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or an otherwise agreed upon time.
2. I can be reached by phone at (850) 418-0322 during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You may text me at this number to set up, modify, or cancel your appointments, but I will not address other issues over text message. In the case of a mental health emergency, please call 911 or go directly to the nearest Emergency Room.
3. Please be advised that electronic communication is not entirely confidential and if used there is some risk of confidentiality being breached. My email, KATELWALKERLCSW@GMAIL.COM, is not encrypted and is somewhat vulnerable to hackers breaching the information contained there-in. Please notify me if you do not want to receive information or communication via email, voice mail, or text.
Information exchanged during therapy sessions is confidential with some exceptions. This confidentiality is protected by state and federal regulations. Within the limits of this protection, no information may be released without a release signed by the client.
Exceptions to Confidentiality:
1. If the client’s condition indicates a clear and present danger to the client or anyone else, this confidentiality may be suspended. Suicidal intent and/or multiple & significant risk factors for suicide will be reported to law enforcement unless the client immediately goes to a psychiatric facility or emergency room for an evaluation.
2. The therapist also has the legal duty to warn an individual when intent to harm that person is expressed by the client.
3. Pursuant to Louisiana Statutes, the provider is a mandated reporter of suspected elder abuse (age 65 and up), suspected child abuse, and suspected abuse to a disabled or incompetent person.
4. Confidentiality is suspended in the event a complaint is filed with the Licensing board.
5. At times, your case may be discussed with peers as part of peer supervision. In those instances, your name is not shared during these consultations.
6. When your files are subpoenaed by a court of law, confidentiality may be waived. If during the course of treatment, you are in the process of litigation, please notify me immediately and be advised that participating in court hearings, depositions, releasing records to the court/attorneys and writing court reports are not among the services that I offer. If this is a service that you are wanting, I will try to assist you with a referral to a different therapist or agency that offers court related services. If you choose to raise the issue of your mental health condition in a legal proceeding, information about your condition may be released if court ordered or subpoenaed. Examples of these legal proceedings would include custody disputes, disability, personal injury claims, and other legal actions. If you do not want me to go to court despite being subpoenaed or served for a deposition, it is expected that you will pay my legal costs up front to resist such court involvement.
It is my intent to inform you if I decide to breach confidentiality as I am a mandated reporter, but I also want you to know why and when a phone call will be made to authorities.