The Power of Heels Committee is a division of the Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce. The Power of Heels is committed to empowering women in business through professional and personal development and initiatives.
- Showcase women-owned and operated businesses
- Increase visibility of business women in Burleson and the surrounding areas
- Promote pride of women in the workplace
- Develop networking opportunities
POH MEMBER RESPONSIBILITY:
- Company or individual's membership must be in good standing with the Chamber.
- There is a $30 initial POH membership fee for the first year which provides you with a POH name badge. Subsequent year's dues of $15 are collected in January.
- POH Committee meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month at 9:00am at the Chamber or as called by the POH Chair. The meetings serve the purpose of preparation for the upcoming POH events.
- POH committee members must maintain 60% minimum attendance of ALL POH events including monthly meetings. POH members will be notified by the Sergeant at Arms in writing if they fail to meet the 60% attendance standard after two quarters. A third consectutive quarter with attendance at or below 60% will result in the member's mandatory resignation from the POH, unless otherwise approved by the Executive Committee for extenuating circumstances.
- In the Fourth Quarter, the POH will organize and manage a special community event such as the Holiday Bazaar in lieu of a Monthly Luncheon. Involvement and coordination with this event is a mandatory part of this committee.