We are looking for a bookkeeper to join our friendly team.
£24,000 to £30,000
Full time (flexible working arrangements will be considered)
Remote and/or office-based (as per preference and COVID-19)
You must have at least three years' experience working in a UK accounting practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience using both Xero and TaxCalc software.
- You are personable and can have fun speaking with both clients and members of the team. Your writing is clear and concise, but not robotic.
- You enjoy solving problems and can easily adapt to changes. You can get stuck into something new without feeling worried or out of your depth.
- You are happy to be held accountable and can take full responsibility to ensure the quality of your work is high and deadlines are met. You are happy to get your hands dirty in order to get things done.
- You are a self-starter and are comfortable working without supervision. You can remain focused and diligent in an independent work environment.
- You know your way around a computer, spreadsheet and enjoy learning new shortcuts and formulae.
- You love accounting, especially the feeling of when something balances perfectly first time.
Working at Ecommerce Accountants
Clients: We specialise in working with ecommerce businesses, so you can expect to have a varied and interesting workload. On top of this, many of our clients are small owner-managed businesses, so you can expect to have close and personal relationships with the people you are working with.
Location: Our office is located in London, right next to Hoxton station. However, several team members work remotely (pre-lockdown) from other parts of the UK and one is currently logging in each day from Canada. Working from the office is not a necessity, but it would be nice to see you from time to time.
Mindset: We are a forward-thinking and modern firm. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our clients and for our team.
Be treated right
- We understand that the most refined work is completed in a respectful and collaborative environment. Negativity has no place here. This is true of our internal relationships and our relationships with clients.
- Want to work from home or abroad? So long as you are able to stay connected to the team and be on top of your workload, we are happy to accommodate.
- Our office is animal friendly (although we are yet to get an office dog). If you have a pet, they are welcome to join the team too.
Keep learning forever
- We support your professional development through training programmes, workshops, and provide immediate feedback to ensure we’re always learning from one another.
Complete the application form below
We will screen the applications as they come in and will invite promising candidates to send a screening video (nothing scary, just a quick video introducing yourself)
You will be asked to complete a written and verbal assessment to test basic accounting knowledge and client communication skills.
You will be invited for a fit interview (approx. 15 minutes) with our COO and/or Head of HR
You will be invited for a final technical interview with two of our team
If you match the above criteria and you like the sound of us, then we look forward to working with you.