Officiant agrees to arrive at the venue location at least 15 minutes before the ceremony.
Any change to time, date, or place must be disclosed in advance (by email and phone) to the officiant. This Contract may be canceled or amended due to any changes in time or place of ceremony.
1. The Officiant will provide the following services for the agreed upon fee under the terms of this agreement. All additional services as listed below are discretionary to the Couple and must be agreed to and paid in full thirty (30) days prior to the service. All fees must be paid before services are performed.
2. This agreement is valid for the wedding service as performed at stated place and date stated above. Any change to time, place or date must be provided in advance (by email and phone, no less than 30 days prior) to the Officiant and may be subject to additional fees. The Couple realizes that the Officiant performs other ceremonies for other Couples and that excessive lateness or change in time can create a serious conflict in the Officiant’s schedule. If the Couple changes the time or date of the scheduled ceremony without the Officiant’s consent, the Officiant reserves the right to cancel the performance of the ceremony and shall in no way be held responsible or liable in any manner for such non-performance and no refund of the deposit will be made.
3. If circumstances cause the Couple to postpone the ceremony to another date, the Officiant will make every attempt to accommodate the new date. If a qualified Officiant is available for the new date, then all the Couple’s monies paid to date will be transferable as long as said notification of postponement is received by the Officiant at least thirty (30) days prior to the original date. There may be additional charges if rescheduling results in extra costs. If a qualified Officiant cannot accommodate the new date, the Couple is responsible for finding a new officiant as well as paying any and all fees to the new officiant. The couple will be issued a refund less deposit.
4. The couple has thirty (30) minutes from the above scheduled time to start the ceremony. If by no fault of the Officiant the ceremony starts thirty (30) minutes or more after the ceremony time listed above for any reason including but not limited to weather, delays caused by other vendors, the late arrival of guests or wedding party members, a late fee of $50 for every thirty (30) minute increment will accrue until the ceremony starts. These fees are due prior to the start of the ceremony or no ceremony will be performed. In the very unlikely event an extremely excessive delay results making it impossible for the Officiant to remain on-site, due to the officiant’s schedule, the couple remains responsible for the full Officiant fee.
5. The Officiant will work with the Couple by email, telephone,Zoom or in person to allow them to prepare or choose their custom service. Officiant has sample services available for the Couple from which they may choose, or the Couple may choose to modify the sample services, create an original ceremony, or use one of their own choosing. The Officiant reserves the right to refuse any service that she is not comfortable performing, at which time a partial refund will be made to the Couple, less the deposit.
6. The Officiant gives permission to the Couple to use her likeness in any photographs, videos or other recording media in any manner for any purpose they wish. Likewise, the Couple gives permission to the Officiant to use his/her (their) likeness in any photograph, video or other form of media for marketing purposes.
7. If the Ceremony includes a sand ceremony, unity candle, flower ceremony and/or any other special feature, Client is responsible for furnishing all equipment needed to perform such feature(s). The Officiant provides writing and officiant services in English only. The Clients are responsible for providing translation services as needed. The Clients are responsible to ensuring proper sound equipment (microphones, speakers, etc.) is provided for the ceremony. Officiant has basic sound equipment for an additional charge.
1. The Couple understands that they must obtain/provide a valid marriage license from the appropriate jurisdiction for which the ceremony will be performed and shall provide such valid marriage license to the Officiant to review and execute at the rehearsal or prior to the ceremony. The Officiant cannot perform a legal marriage ceremony without receiving the appropriate valid marriage license prior to the ceremony.
2. If Couple does not provide valid identification and marriage license on date of ceremony, then only a symbolic ceremony can be performed. This will result in a non-legal status. All fees for the ceremony must still be paid. A $100 fee, along with travel fees, will apply if the Officiant must return to perform a civil ceremony at a later date and time.
3. The Couple also agrees to provide two witnesses over the age of 18 to sign their marriage license. If you do not have witnesses, Get Hitched Kwik may be able to provide them at $50.00 each.
4. If the license is not received by the County Clerk, the Officiant will work cooperatively with the Couple to resolve the issue. Cost for replacement license, if any, will be assumed by the Couple unless failure to record is due to negligence or error on the part of the Officiant, in which case Officiant will assume the cost of the replacement license. No discount will be given if the Couple does not need the Officiant to complete the marriage license information (e.g. for a non-legal commitment ceremony or renewal of vows).
5. Upon presenting a valid marriage license to the Officiant, the Couple will sign the official marriage certificate. The responsibility of filing this certificate with the county clerk’s office is solely that of the Officiant. The Officiant is legally obligated to return the completed license to the County Clerk’s office where the License was obtained by the Couple within 30 (thirty) days of the wedding ceremony.
Cancellation from Officiant
In the unlikely event that the Officiant is unable to perform the ceremony for an unforeseen reason (i.e. hospitalization, auto accident, and/or transportation breakdown/disruption), Officiant will make every attempt to notify the Couple and arrange for another officiant, licensed and qualified to perform weddings to complete the contract. In such an event that no substitute is available, all monies paid by the Couple to the Officiant will be returned and the Couple hereby agrees that the Officiant will not be held liable for any damages (including punitive) due to the non-performance of the ceremony or function.
The Couple agrees to acknowledge the services being provided by the Officiant, in a dignified and respectful manner. If there is any discrepancy regarding services of Officiant, the Couple must submit a full written report to the Officiant, no later than three (3) days immediately after performed ceremony in order for the parties involved to reach a mutually acceptable resolution. If both parties involved continue to disagree then a mediator will be used. Furthermore, Couple agrees to not post negative reviews on the internet (or elsewhere) or to make negative verbal or written statements until all efforts to resolve said discrepancy have been exhausted. Couple agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Officiant of and from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys’ fees and costs, to the extent caused by or arising out of or relating to the work of the Officiant. In no event shall the maximum liability of the Officiant hereunder exceed the amount actually paid to Officiant under this contract.
Injury/Loss of Guest
Officiant assumes no responsibility for injury, damages or losses incurred by the Client or Ceremony attendees. Officiant also assumes no responsibility for any food, beverage, floral arrangements, decorative items, either personal or professional, brought by anyone prior to, during, or after the Ceremony. Client agrees to be responsible for all guests and attendees at the Ceremony and the acts of the guests and attendees. Client agrees to pay for any and all injury or damages arising out of the Ceremony, except to the extent of any negligence or misconduct by Officiant.
Limitation of Liability
Clients agree that to the fullest extent permitted by law, Officiant shall not be liable for any claims for emotional distress, mental anguish, consequential damages, lost profit, loss of enjoyment, lost revenues, replacement costs, compensatory damages and/or punitive damages, whether or not foreseeable and/or arising from any negligent act or omission on the part of any person. Officiant's liability for any claim, breach or damage by reason of any act or omission shall be limited to repayment of sums paid by Clients only.
Clients agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Officiant and its employees, agents, independent contractors, officers, directors, members and/or managers for any injury, property damage, liability, claim or other cause of action arising out of and/or related to the actions of Client's or Client's guests.
No party to this Contract shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this Contract for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to, acts of God (such as natural disasters), fire, government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), pandemic, wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected. Normal weather occurrences including, but not limited to, rain or snow are not covered by this paragraph.
The Basic I Do ceremony or Wedding Special must be paid, in full, at time of booking. A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of 50% must be provided at the time of booking to guarantee the wedding date and time, for all other ceremonies. The remainder of the balance must be paid in full within thirty (30) days prior to ceremony’s scheduled date. Failure to pay a deposit at the time of booking will release the Officiant from providing any services to the Couple under this agreement. Failure to pay in full before agreed date will result in late fees of $25 a day until wedding date OR ceremony agreement being revoked and the Officiant is no longer liable for further obligation. All fees must be paid prior to ceremony being performed.
Acceptable Forms of Payments: cash, debit card, MasterCard, Visa, CashApp or PayPal as a form of payment. No checks are accepted and no exceptions will be made.
This contract is made and entered in the State of ARIZONA, and shall be enforced and interpreted under the laws of this state. When bride, groom and officiant, or their designated agents, sign this contract, it will then be binding on all parties.
In the event that any portion of this contract is found to be legally unenforceable, all remaining provisions of the contract shall remain in effect.
We hereby have read and acknowledge the stipulations of the contract and adhere to the document as a binding agreement and will follow said conditions/statutes as stated above. Furthermore, all parties agree to stated terms and said conditions as specified in this document.