Before your appointment, you will:
- keep your pet indoors after 8pm on the evening before surgery
- DO NOT feed your pet after midnight the day prior to surgery. This means no breakfast or treats before surgery, either. They can have water. (Kittens under 16 weeks of age are the exception—they should have a small snack for breakfast)
When you drop off for your appointment, you will:
- have your dog on a collar and leash
- have your cat in a labeled, clean cat carrier (only ONE cat per carrier)
- arrive between 8-8:30am on the day of your appointment (regardless of appointment time scheduled online). If you are late, late fees will apply. Please allot 15-20 minutes for drop off.
- bring your pet into the Spay/Neuter center to check in and complete a consent form
- pay for services at morning drop off—we accept cash or credit card. We are unable to take American Express or checks.
When you come to pick up your pet, you will:
- pick you pet up between 3-3:30pm
- if you are late to pick up, you will be charged late fees
- pets not picked up by 4pm may be subject to an overnight boarding fee
- please allot 15-20 minutes for drop off and pick up
If you arrive with a pet that is too anxious or fearful to be handled, is in a muzzle, or otherwise deemed unhandleable, we have the right to refuse service. Additionally, if your pet is injured, ill, in heat (dog), or outside weight range (please see beginning of form) we have the right to refuse service.
Completing this application is the first step in receiving a spay/neuter surgery for your pet from Baltimore Humane Society. Once you submit this application, you will be redirected to our online scheduling tool to schedule your pet's surgery. Due to high demand for surgeries, appointments book up quickly and there may not be immediate availability. If the system will not allow you to pick a surgery date, there are unforunately none left at this time. Please check back around the beginning of the month for more availability. We know the lack of appointments is fustrating and we appreciate your patience!
Once your appointment has been scheduled and your application has been reviewed, we will reach out to you to by phone or email with any questions, instructions, or information that needs to be clarified. Please make sure that we are able to reach you at the contact information listed on your application. Thank you.
If you need to cancel, please call us at least 48 hours before your appointment!
In the event of inclement weather the day of your appointment, please follow our winter weather policy: If Baltimore County schools are closed due to inclement weather, we will be closed that day as well, and we will contact you to reschedule. If schools have a two hour delay, we will still operate as normal.