Jennifer Allen Law, PLLC (hereinafter designated as undefinedThe Firmundefined), located at 128 North Churton Street, Hillsborough, NC 27278 will represent the person named on this form (hereinafter designated as undefinedClientundefined) in the District Court of the General Court of Justice of North Carolina, on the charge(s) described on this form, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Firm is responsible for thorough and appropriate preparation and handling of Client's cases in the District Court Division of the General Court of Justice of North Carolina. This engagement DOES NOT include any new or additional charges, retrials or appeals or any proceedings in the Superior Court Division of the General Court of Justice of North Carolina, in the event Client's matter is transferred to that division.
2. As compensation for The Firm's agreement to undertake such representation, Client agrees to pay the amount confirmed in our consultation. Said fee shall be due upon the execution of this agreement. All fees shall be considered earned when paid, provided: In the event this contract is terminated by the Firm prior to its completion, a portion of the fee may be refunded to Client giving due regard for (1) the reason(s) for termination of the contract, (2) the results obtained to the point of termination, (3) the percentage of work completed, (4) any time spent or difficulty experienced by the Firm to the point of termination, (5) fees, customarily charged by the Firm and other attorneys in the community under similar circumstances, and (6) ethical obligations of the Firm and its members arising under the North Carolina Rules of Professional Conduct.
3. It is understood that the Firm does not represent the Client until the Firm expressly confirms said representation after payment is received. Should this contract be canceled by the Client prior to the resolution of Client's case, for any reason whatsoever, the attorney’s fee is non-refundable. This forfeited portion of the fee represents the costs of initial case evaluation, opening a file, accounts receivable ledger, office time and maintaining a permanent file on the Client.
4. Should this contract be canceled by the Client prior to the resolution of Client's case, for any reason whatsoever, the attorney’s fee is non-refundable. This forfeited portion of the fee represents the costs of initial case evaluation, opening a file, accounts receivable ledger, office time and maintaining a permanent file on the Client.
5. It is understood that the Firm cannot guarantee the outcome of any court proceeding. No such promise or guarantee, either implicit or explicit, has been made as a part of this agreement.
6. Both Parties agree that the Firm may request any attorney in the office to perform some or all of the legal work involved and that The Firm may associate another firm to assist in performing some of the legal work involved with the handling of Client's case.
7. This Agreement of Representation constitutes the entire agreement between the Firm and the Client, and there are no oral agreements or understandings other than that which is contained herein. All amendments, additions or changes to this agreement shall be in writing and agreed to and signed by the Parties.
THE ABOVE engagement agreement is hereby accepted upon the terms and conditions stated herein on the date noted below, and that Client, upon executing this agreement, acknowledges receipt of a copy of same.