Furthermore, the parties hereto agree that the adopter shall abide by the following conditions:
1. The Dog is being transferred to the adopter with the understanding that the adopter is taking possession of the
Dog to treat and to be responsible for it as their own dog.
2. The Dog will be treated as a family member with loving care and affection. The adopter will do their best to ensure the Dog's safety and well-being.
3. The adopter will feed the Dog at least twice a day and will always provide a fresh supply of water .
4. The Dog will live inside the adopter's home and will not be isolated from the family. The adopter will never let the Dog run loose or roam, keep the Dog chained or tied up, keep it continuously in a yard, garage, patio, balcony, or pen, or leave the Dog outdoors, even in a fenced yard, when no one is at home.
5. The adopter will not have the Dog attack-trained nor will the adopter use it for any purpose other than companionship. The adopter will not have any cosmetic surgery performed on the Dog (e.g., ear cropping, tail docking The adopter will never allow any physical, mental, or emotional abuse of the Dog.
6. The adopter will take the Dog to a licensed veterinarian for regular preventative care at least once per year. The adopter will provide all required and/or needed veterinary care as recommended by the attending veterinarian, including but not limited to: rabies shots, booster shots, fecal checks for internal parasites (worms), consistent heartworm preventative and prompt treatment by a licensed veterinarian for any illness or injury.
7. The adopter will ensure proper licensing of the Dog and the adopter will ensure compliance with all applicable
8. The adopter will not use a choke/prong/shock type collar at any time, except for training under the guidance of a qualified dog trainer. This includes the use of an electronic bark collar or other kinds of correction collar.
9. The adopter is adopting the Dog for themselves and agrees to not give away, sell, or trade the Dog, even as a gift to a friend or family member. The adopter will neither take the Dog to a shelter nor abandon the Dog. The adopter understands that they must notify JFSAR, without delay, if the adopter can no longer care for or keep the Dog and agrees to give JFSAR reasonable time to rehome the Dog. The adopter is responsible for all logistics/expenses to physically return the dog to a JFSAR representative in Pandora if needed. Adopter must notify JFSAR of any behavioral problems that have occurred at any time before the adopter returns the Dog, and the adopter agrees to pay for a professional trainer's evaluation in the case of biting or aggression.
10. In the event the Dog becomes lost, stolen or dies, the adopter will immediately notify JFSAR. The adopter will also immediately notify JFSAR of any change of contact information for the adopter (address, phone number, email address
11. This Dog's known background and medical history have been discussed with the adopter. However, the adopter understands that JFSAR has made no representation concerning the breed, health, condition, training, behavior, or temperament of the Dog. The breed listed by JFSAR is a visual guess based upon physical appearance
12. X Insurance: If marked, JFSAR has provided the adopter with the opportunity to secure insurance for the Dog. The adopter agrees to take all action necessary by the adopter to secure that insurance. While JFSAR may, but has no obligation to, assist adopters with certain veterinary expenses on a case-by-case basis, in its sole and absolute discretion, the adopter acknowledges that JFSAR will not assist any adopter with veterinary expenses where JFSAR has provided the adopter with the opportunity to secure free insurance for the Dog, the adopter failed to take any action necessary to secure that free insurance, and the veterinary expense would have been covered by that
13. Training: The adopter agrees to: take the Dog to basic obedience training classes taught by a qualified trainer.