TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PERMIT
1. This permit is issued to the above applicant and is valid for vegetation waste burning on a residential parcel of 1.0 acre lot of record or more with a one or two-family dwelling at the location described above.
2. The burn shall not be located in a public road or public roadway ditch. This permit is not valid where locally prohibited.
3. Burning at multi-family residential locations, resorts, trailer parks, schools, public agencies and all commercial/industrial sites is illegal.
4. All burning done in accordance with this permit must be carried out in the presence of an able-bodied, responsible burning who shall remain in charge of the burn until material to be burned is completely consumed.
5. All burning is to be confined within a cleared firebreak, adequate to prevent it from escaping control.
6. A water supply capable of extinguishing the fire shall be available at the burn site. This permit mustbeonsite during burn.
7. This permit is valid only for burning dry vegetation that was grown on this property.
8. Small amounts of clean, dry, non-glossy paper and/or cardboard may be used to ignite pile.
9. Material to be burned shall be free of illegal materials including but not limited to: poison oak, oleander, cannabis, treated or painted wood, rubber, plastics, tarpaper, construction or demolition debris, metal, and materials producing toxic smoke.
10. Vegetation must be dried and free of dirt. No green or wet vegetation may be burned. See back side for required drying times.
11. This permit is suspended on no burn days and at all times of critical fire conditions as declared by the State Forester, CalFire, by proclamation of the Governor, the Lake County Board of Supervisors, or Fire Chief.
12. Any violation of the terms and conditions of this permit renders this permit void.
13. No burning shall be undertaken unless weather conditions (particularly the wind) are such that burning can be considered safe and smoke does not cause harm or damage to adjacent persons or property.
14. Lake County Air Quality Management District staff and/or Designated Fire Agency staff shall have free access of entry for the purposes of inspection, monitoring or securing samples for the purpose of determining compliance with this permit.
15. Burn must be managed to minimize smoke and conducted to avoid smoke impacts to neighbors. No smoldering piles.
16. Burn pile must be located a minimum of 30 feet from on site structures and 100 feet from neighboring structures.
17. Pile size should be less than 4 feet diameter, and in no case larger than 8 feet diameter. Burn barrels are prohibited.
18. This permit is valid only on those days during which burning is not prohibited by the State Air Resources Board.
19. Burning shall be confined to 9am to 3pm on burn days only.
20. Call: North County at 263-3121 or South County at 994-4444 for burn day status prior to igniting fire.
21. This permit expires on May 1, 2021.