One application must be filled out for each child who wishes to attend the NYC Charter HS for Computer Engineering and Innovation
• Only one application will be accepted per student.
• Application can be mailed, faxed or hand delivered to 116 East 169th St, BRONX, NY 10452, Fax: 646-741-8280 or email : email@example.com
• Applications must be received by March 25th, 2023 to be entered into the lottery. Lottery will be held on March 31, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
• An application must be submitted for each sibling before the lottery deadline. (For the purposes of the lottery, two students are siblings if and only if one student has a legal parent, legal guardian, or legal foster parent who is also the legal parent, legal guardian, or legal foster parent of the other student.)
An adult will only be considered a student's legal parent if there is proof of blood-relation (as evidenced by valid birth certificate), legal adoption (as evidenced by valid, appropriate court documents), or legal marriage (i.e. step-child, as evidenced by a valid marriage certificate). An adult will be considered a student's legal guardian or legal foster parent only if there is proof of such a relationship (as evidenced by valid, appropriate court documents).
• Applications are not considered valid until they have been received and reviewed for completeness and a confirmation card or email has been sent back to the applicant.
• If information on the application is incorrect, the application will be considered invalid, and any offer made for a place in the school based on this information will be taken back.
• For example, if the application indicates that the child will be 5 years old by December 31st, but in reality, the child is not, the offer will be rescinded. Likewise, if the application indicates that the child will be entering a given grade in September 2023, but the child is actually entering a different grade – for any reason – the offer will be rescinded, and the child will have to reapply for the grade in which they are entering.
• If the applicant’s phone number or address changes, please notify the school, so we can update your information, in the event that a seat becomes available.
• The school is a public school open to all applicants entering Grades 9,10 and 11 on a space available basis within each grade.
• Any child qualified under the laws of New York State for admission to a public school is qualified for admission to the NYC High School for Computer Engineering and Innovation; there is no tuition.
• Students who have a disability or who may be in need of special education services or programs are eligible for admission into the school on the same basis as all other students. Please note, however, that our school may not be equipped or designed to satisfy a particular student's disability or special needs. Such a determination may be made after enrollment by the committee or subcommittee on special education (CSE) in the child's home district of residence. In the event our school is deemed to be an inappropriate educational setting for a particular disabled student or special needs child, our school must work with the Committee on Special Education and the parent to provide a setting that meets the needs of the individual student as stipulated in their IEP or 504 Plan.
Students will be admitted to the school by an electronic lottery.
• The lottery is open to all eligible applicants applying to Grade 9, 10 and 11.
• All applications received by March 25th, 2023 will be separated by grade and preference.
• Preference will be given in the following order: siblings of currently enrolled students (in an out of CSD); applicants residing in Community School District 9; applicants outside of Community School District 9.
• The lottery will be held on March 31st, 2023 at 5:00 PM
• If students do not accept their spots by the registration deadline, those spaces will be given to students on the waiting list.
Non-Discrimination Statement: A charter school shall not discriminate against or limit the admission of any student on any unlawful basis, including on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, athletic ability, race, creed, national origin, religion or ancestry. A school may not require any action by a student or family (such as an admissions test, interview, essay, attendance at an information session, etc.) in order for an applicant to either receive or submit an application for admission to that school
This is an equal opportunity, free, public, charter school, open to all children on space available basis.