Thank you for your interest in becoming a teen advisor for Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) and serving the food allergy community. Members of the Teen Advisory Group (TAG) support FARE programming through volunteer projects and activities throughout the year, provide insights and feedback to support FARE programs and/or serve as ambassadors at a local and/or national level to support teens with food allergies.
Before completing this application, please be aware of the requirements listed below. By completing this application you acknowledge understanding of these terms:
- Must be between the ages of 11 and 22.
- TAG members ages 11-17 must have the permission of a parent or guardian to participate in program activities. There will be a field at the end of this application that your parent or guardian should complete.
- Should have a medically diagnosed food allergy, or be a sibling, friend or supporter of someone diagnosed with a food allergy.
- Volunteer opportunities may include, but are not limited to: writing articles for the FARE blog, website and other publications; presenting about food allergies to schools in your community; serving as leaders or representatives of FARE at local and/or national events; working together on group projects, and acting as mentors/offering support for other teens who are seeking guidance.
- Primary form of contact from FARE is e-mail. TAG members must have email access and be able to respond to emails within 24-48 hours.
- TAG members may be asked on occasion to connect with teens in their area seeking peer-to-peer support or media. TAG members may respond by accepting or declining these opportunities, but we do ask that they respond in a timely fashion.
- Must be willing to be identified on FARE website and documents as a TAG member. Only TAG member names and home state will be used as an identifier.
Application Deadline: Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm PT - TAG members will begin receiving TAG communications in early February.
Questions about these requirements can be directed to Kristi Grim at firstname.lastname@example.org