Auction Terms and Condition
1. A BIDDING PADDLE is required for ALL BIDDERS. You may register online or in person for the auction.
2. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED AND NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN.
3. ALL MERCHANDISE IS SOLD "AS IS". No guarantees are made as to condition, period or authenticity of the merchandise sold. Showplace makes no representation, nor any express or implied warranties. Buyers must rely on their own knowledge when purchasing merchandise.
4. NO MERCHANDISE WILL BE DELIVERED DURING THE SALE. Unless prior arrangements are made, all purchased merchandise must be removed from Showplace premises immediately. Furniture and large items must be removed from Showplace premises by 4:00 pm the following day. Merchandise left after that time will be stored at the RISK & EXPENSE of the purchaser. Storage fees will accrue and will be added to the invoice.
5. All purchases are subject to all local taxes unless purchaser furnishes proof of a Resale number at the time of payment.
6. The purchase price payable shall be the final bid plus a 20% buyer's premium.
7. The highest bidder acknowledged shall be the purchaser. If any dispute arises between bidders, the Auctioneer has final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to reoffer the lot in dispute.
8. Showplace reserves the right to charge customer's credit card for the sum total of their purchases including Sales Tax (if applicable) if items are not paid for within two (2) days of the auction.
9. The Gallery is NOT RESPONSIBLE for errors, omissions or merchandise left more than two (2) days after the auction unless written arrangements have been accepted by Showplace.
10. Free shipping quotes are available from Showplace's preferred shippers. Please find their contact information below:
Expert Shipping Services
The UPS Store
United Shipping & Packaging
Lex Pack and Ship
Fine Art Shippers
Auctions at Showplace does not provide in-house shipping services. All items must be paid for within three (3) business days from the date of auction and ALL items must be removed within three (3) business days. Any item not removed or shipped within this time is subject to a storage fee of $25.00 per item per day, payable to an outside storage company. If an item is to be shipped, it is sent one of our preferred shippers (to an offsite storage and shipping facility) after the first three (3) business days, unless other shipping arrangements have been made by the buyer. If other arrangements have been made, the buyer must contact our gallery within three (3) days of the auction date to arrange pick-up. If items are not removed within three (3) business days, they will be sent to storage. All storage fees and invoices must be paid in full to retrieve items sent to storage. Once an item is sent to storage, neither Auctions at Showplace Antiques nor any of our preferred shippers are liable for it. Declared value coverage goes into effect once pick up or shipping arrangements are made. You must contact one of our preferred shippers to settle all storage fees and arrange for pick up or shipping. If picking up your items from storage, an appointment must be scheduled with the shipper at least three days in advance. You may email all storage or shipping inquiries to any of our preferred shippers or you are welcome to go with a shipper of your choice. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser and Auctions at Showplace Antiques will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.
11. If for any reason a purchased lot cannot be delivered/picked up in the condition it was in at the time of sale, or should any purchased lot be stolen or lost prior to delivery/pick up, Auctions at Showplace Antiques shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser.
12. NO CHECKS ACCEPTED unless approved by Showplace.
13. AT OUR DISCRETION WE MAY HOLD YOUR MERCHANDISE UNTIL THE CHECK CLEARS.
14. NOTE: ALL SIZES AND WEIGHTS ARE APPROXIMATE.
15. ITEMS DESCRIBED AS "GOLD TONE" OR "SILVER TONE" ITEMS ARE NOT MADE OF GOLD OR SILVER.
16. BIDDING INCREMENTS
$1 - 50: $10
$50 - 500: $25
$500 - 1,000: $50
$1,000 - 2,000: $100
$2,000 - 5,000: $250
$5,000 - 10,000: $500
$10,000 - 20,000: $1,000
$20,000 -+ : $2,500