The Respite Voucher Program at Aviv Older Adult Services of Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) offers temporary supports for care recipients in order to provide a brief period of relief or rest for family caregivers through the provision of in-home services or adult day care. This Agreement will provide you with important information regarding program requirements.
1. The Respite Voucher Program is a grant funded program that operates through May 30, 2023.
2. JF&CS staff will administer a needs-based assessment over the phone with family caregivers to determine eligibility for respite assistance.
3. While funds are available, family caregivers are eligible to make requests for funding throughout the grant period and may receive a total maximum up to $1800 within the grant period. For extenuating or emergency situations, JF&CS staff may award additional funding. Funds are provided directly to respite providers for services rendered and paid directly to them. The amount awarded is based on need and the availability of funds.
4. Funds can only be used during the approved timeframe. If funds approved are not used within the timeframe determined, family caregivers must notify JF&CS staff. Based on availability of funds and need, family caregivers can again at a future date request funds for the difference between what they used and amount needed for respite up to $1800.
5. JF&CS contracts with licensed providers of in-home services and adult day centers. Caregivers can either identify their own providers or receive assistance from JF&CS staff to determine a provider.
6. JF&CS agrees to pay a rate of $25 per hour (in-home services) or daily rate of $80 (adult day care services) with a minimum number of 4 hours required per service date:
- This rate is the same even for services provided during holidays and weekends
- JF&CS will only pay for time/services that are actually provided to the care recipient
- Caregiver understands that they are responsible to pay for services should they cancel last minute, refuse care or allow the caregiver to leave early. Failure to pay for that date of service to the Vendor within a 48 hr period will result in being discharged from the program
- JF&CS does not reimburse providers for mileage incurred by the provider or for any additional costs other than the payment for allowed hours of service
- Invoices from the provider (for in-home services) must be accompanied by telephony records or weekly timesheets signed by the client (or his/her Power of Attorney) and the aide
- JF&CS will provide payment to the respite provider within 45-60 days following submission
7. If the family caregiver exceeds his/her approved hours, JF&CS is not financially responsible for those hours.
8. The caregiver must notify JF&CS staff immediately if the care recipient moves to a personal care home, assisted living community, memory care community, continuum of care retirement community (CCRC), short-term rehab, or skilled nursing facility/nursing home. Funds from the Respite Voucher Program cannot be used while the care recipient resides in any of these settings.
9. Please be advised that the JF&CS staff determines eligibility. If you have any questions regarding respite services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (470) 433-5957.